[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What to do...ha ha
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

What to do...ha ha

What to do...ha ha

Postby sonny4 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:51 am

Ok so in order to put in a sub and amp you need a head unit that you can plug them into right? I have the stock 6-cd in dash unit if I take it out and put a head unit in, then there will be a huge hole there, I would probably have to downgrade to one CD, and it just feels like a waist of a head unit. Is there any way to get around this and use the current head unit I have to plug in a new system? ha ha if i cant its not a big deal ill just stay with what i have im pretty happy with the stock system ha ha.

thanks

Morgan
sonny4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:06 pm

Do some research... you can tap into the speaker wires to get your audio signal.

There are lots of people that have added an amp/sub with stock headunits.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby RichD978 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:08 pm

you seem to "ha ha" a lot

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby FLUXEMAG » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:35 pm

Some amps have a high level input, which allows you to use load level wires like those which connect to your existing speakers. It would be pretty easy to split the wires from the 6x9 or whatever is in the rear dash and run it to an amp. Also, JL amplifiers and maybe some others use a feature that turns on without the remote turn on wire. So the only difficult part would be running the cable to the battery and finding a good ground. But still no dash dissassembly required in that case.

Does anyone know of a good deal for braided wire? I hate paying so much for those power cables.
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cam2Xrunner » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:28 am

cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sonny4 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:12 pm

thats great thanks