[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Turning screen off when not using NAV?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Turning screen off when not using NAV?

Turning screen off when not using NAV?

Postby HID04V6 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:19 pm

When I bought my car, the salesman recommended to turn the nav screen off when I'm not using the NAV feature. He claimed that it will extend the life of the screen. It sounded like a crazy idea, so I thought I would ask. Is it really going to lengthen the life of the screen that much by turning it off when not using nav?
HID04V6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:39 pm

It's not a BIG help, but it kinda does a bit after extended usage, but it's not noteworthy since LCD screens last a long time, unless the manufacturer made it bad on purpose to force you to get a new set. Besides, "when not using the NAV feature" seems a bit catch-22 since you use the screen for the radio too.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5