[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Version of NAV DVD in 2006 cars???
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Version of NAV DVD in 2006 cars???

Version of NAV DVD in 2006 cars???

Postby slingshot » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:27 pm

What version of the NAV DVD does anyone here have in their 2006 Solaras. My version is 4.2. I'd like to know if a newer one is out yet because the street my new 2 yr old townhome is built on isn't in the database. You can read the version either by ejecting the DVD and looking at the label or looking on the NAV screen.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby linmk2 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:17 am

I just checked mine for you. It's version 05.1. I bought my 06 in November. I have no idea how often these DVD's are updated or how you are informed, if at all. As an aside, I had a 01 Acura CL with Nav. The DVD was not updated till 04, and as I recall, the update was about $250. The only reason I know there was an update, it appeared on the Acura website.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:26 am

Thank you for checking. Toyota doesn't let you know at all when there is an update but I think it is yearly. I should find out how much this new DVD is. Might be worth it if it covers alot of new streets in such a rapidly changing place like Atlanta. Would be great if they said the date associated with the version.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby linmk2 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:44 am

Sorry, no date, I looked.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jimhild » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:25 pm

linmk2 wrote:I just checked mine for you. It's version 05.1. I bought my 06 in November. I have no idea how often these DVD's are updated or how you are informed, if at all. As an aside, I had a 01 Acura CL with Nav. The DVD was not updated till 04, and as I recall, the update was about $250. The only reason I know there was an update, it appeared on the Acura website.

Our version is also 05.1, just took delivery Monday, April 10th. 2006 Solara Convertible
Jim & Susan Hildebrand
Scottsdale, AZ
jimhild
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dirtywater » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 pm

Out of curiosity, why are the discs so much money?! :o
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:48 pm

Really... you'd think at this point they'd hammer out a deal w/ Microsoft for their data. S&T goes for $35 and they have the streets better than any other product I've seen.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Dirtywater » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:18 pm

Yeah, no kidding.

So basically, if I want to update from my 3.1 to 5.1 I have to pay my local dealership $250?! Yikes.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alan8888 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:32 pm

then ask someone to dupe the cd/dvd
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby linmk2 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:28 am

I'm not sure what the price for the upgrade would be. I just know how much it cost for the Acura.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:12 pm

Dirtywater wrote:Yeah, no kidding.

So basically, if I want to update from my 3.1 to 5.1 I have to pay my local dealership $250?! Yikes.

Noone should still have the 3.1 version. I got a letter a year ago from Toyota saying they found errors in the 3.1 version and to come in for a free upgrade to 4.2 version. I brought my car in and they put the new DVD in. But they had to do more than that in recalibration so I'm not sure just copying someone's DVD will do it. Anyway, you should go to Toyota and get your free 4.2 DVD like all the rest of us did with the 2004 Solaras. Is yours a 2004 or 2005? The 4.2 version had many new road changes I needed in my area but I will probably upgrade again late this year or early next year since I'm relocating to a place with alot of new construction.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Dirtywater » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:47 pm

slingshot wrote:

Noone should still have the 3.1 version. I got a letter a year ago from Toyota saying they found errors in the 3.1 version and to come in for a free upgrade to 4.2 version. I brought my car in and they put the new DVD in. But they had to do more than that in recalibration so I'm not sure just copying someone's DVD will do it. Anyway, you should go to Toyota and get your free 4.2 DVD like all the rest of us did with the 2004 Solaras. Is yours a 2004 or 2005? The 4.2 version had many new road changes I needed in my area but I will probably upgrade again late this year or early next year since I'm relocating to a place with alot of new construction.

I have an '04, but I never got that letter. Thanks for the info, when I bring it in next I'll get that upgrade.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dirtywater » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:45 am

slingshot wrote:

Well, I give up. Toyota is full of crap. After haggling with the dealership who told me that there was no such letter or upgrade, I called Toyota Assistance Center and was on with them for over 45 mintues while they checked and checked and finally came back and said that the reason why I never recieved the letter was that it was 4.1 that was defective, not 3.1, and hencec the 4.2. I have no idea who or what to believe at this point.

I hate dealing with Toyota, not that any other company would be much better. :x
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:01 pm

Dirtywater wrote:
slingshot wrote:

Well, I give up. Toyota is full of crap. After haggling with the dealership who told me that there was no such letter or upgrade, I called Toyota Assistance Center and was on with them for over 45 mintues while they checked and checked and finally came back and said that the reason why I never recieved the letter was that it was 4.1 that was defective, not 3.1, and hencec the 4.2. I have no idea who or what to believe at this point.

If you can get someone nice on the phone, maybe you can explain to them that you should not have had such an old version, since the new version was put out in your model year. It's not your fault that they produced a car with and old version...maybe try a couple of times and you'll find someone who'll listen.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby slingshot » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Dirtywater wrote:Well, I give up. Toyota is full of crap. After haggling with the dealership who told me that there was no such letter or upgrade, I called Toyota Assistance Center and was on with them for over 45 mintues while they checked and checked and finally came back and said that the reason why I never recieved the letter was that it was 4.1 that was defective, not 3.1, and hencec the 4.2. I have no idea who or what to believe at this point.

Believe me and find the old thread on this forum. I wish I still had my letter. I can guarantee you that my Solara, bought in October 2003, had the version 3.1 DVD and the letter said I could get the newest version for free more than a year later. THe letter did not say version 4.1 was defective and I'd get 4.2 instead. It did not identify the version I would get at all. The person you talked to has the wrong information. Just call back and tell them that you've discussed this with several other people who had 2004 Solaras and version 3.1 and they got free version 4.2 DVD's and you want the same treatment. It was a mistake you didn't get the letter but now you want equivalent service.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5