[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Version of NAV DVD in 2006 cars???
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Version of NAV DVD in 2006 cars???

Postby Dirtywater » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:29 pm

slingshot wrote:
Dirtywater wrote:Well, I give up. Toyota is full of crap. After haggling with the dealership who told me that there was no such letter or upgrade, I called Toyota Assistance Center and was on with them for over 45 mintues while they checked and checked and finally came back and said that the reason why I never recieved the letter was that it was 4.1 that was defective, not 3.1, and hencec the 4.2. I have no idea who or what to believe at this point.

I hate dealing with Toyota, not that any other company would be much better. :x

Believe me and find the old thread on this forum. I wish I still had my letter. I can guarantee you that my Solara, bought in October 2003, had the version 3.1 DVD and the letter said I could get the newest version for free more than a year later. THe letter did not say version 4.1 was defective and I'd get 4.2 instead. It did not identify the version I would get at all. The person you talked to has the wrong information. Just call back and tell them that you've discussed this with several other people who had 2004 Solaras and version 3.1 and they got free version 4.2 DVD's and you want the same treatment. It was a mistake you didn't get the letter but now you want equivalent service.

OK, I hear you, but when I get to the point where they say it was 4.1 and I say No, my guys online say it was 3.1, what do I do? Seriously.

How can I "make them" send it to me? I have no letter and I searched this site for the post you were refering to and never found it.

Please don't get me wrong. I sooooo appreciate the time you've taken to help me, but I am at a loss. I tried to make them today, saying how I paid so much for the car and the Nav and my info said it was 3.1 that was defective, but like I said before, it was a he said/she said thing and they were not blinking.

The people I spoke to were very nice, as was I. Near the end I expressed frustration at being given 3.1 over 4.1 since 4.1 was sent out with later model '04s, but again, they wouldn't budge.

It seems as though I have the crappiest luck in trying to get my dealership (which sucks BTW) or the Toyota Assistance Center to do anything for any issue.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alan8888 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:05 am

buy it in ebay ...dupe it and sell it on ebay
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:28 pm

alan8888 wrote:buy it in ebay ...dupe it and sell it on ebay

Now, that's ingenuity for you! You might even make a a profit :-)
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dirtywater » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:22 pm

alan8888 wrote:buy it in ebay ...dupe it and sell it on ebay

BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks. :)
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5