[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - XM issue with Navigation system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

XM issue with Navigation system

XM issue with Navigation system

Postby jimhild » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:23 pm

We just took delivery of our 2006 Solara Convertible. Set-up XM according to the instructions from Toyota and XM, everything worked fine. Next morning XM didn't work. Reset up XM and everything worked fine again. Next morning, XM didn't work. Have reset the XM system one more time and will check to see if it retains the information or if it goes away again in the morning.

All the other portions of Radio, CD, Navigation works fine.

Ideas or thoughts?

:(
Jim & Susan Hildebrand
Scottsdale, AZ
jimhild
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:37 pm

Just spitballin' here but it sounds like there should be a constant power source to retain memory that might just not be there. But I don't have nor have I installed XM.

Does it only lose it's way overnight?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby jimhild » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:22 pm

That is all we have noticed, I am checking that tonight to see.
Your thoughts are the same as mine, it seems like the loss is similar to the battery being removed and replaced.
We will see in the morning.
Thanks,
Jim & Susan Hildebrand
Scottsdale, AZ
jimhild
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jimhild » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:55 am

Well, this morning everything worked correctly. Maybe the extra refresh from XM solved the issues.

Great sound system with the JBL.

:D
Jim & Susan Hildebrand
Scottsdale, AZ
jimhild
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5