[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing Navi question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Installing Navi question

Installing Navi question

Postby indian007 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi guys,
I just got done installing the AVIC D1 but i have a question. I cant seem to find the Vehicle Speed Sensor wire on my 2004 solara. Can anyone help me with this i cant find the wire anywhere.

Thank you.
indian007
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Kjk747 » Mon May 01, 2006 6:48 pm

I just installed thre avic n2 it is underneath your glovebox. YOu have to remove it and the wire harness is there. If you don't know what wire it is let me know because that part is the easiest to get to I would not mind opening that again to see the exact color wire. But while your in there check you cabin air filter I did and it was filthy! The car is only over a year old and let me tell you it was dirty!
Kjk747
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RichD978 » Mon May 01, 2006 6:53 pm

take your glovebox off either violet/white wire or pink i forgot

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby indian007 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:43 pm

Thank for replying back You said that the VSS wire in located behind the Glovebox. Well I opened my glovebox and there is lot of wires in the back if you don’t mind can you open it and maybe take a picture of the location of the wire. I saw bunch of Violet/white or pink wires behind the glovebox.
Also this might be a dumb question but what is the purpose of that wire. I mean my D1 still tells me how fast i'm going without connecting this wire to the navigation so what does this wire do.

Thank you.
indian007
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5