[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nav enhancement kit
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Nav enhancement kit

Nav enhancement kit

Postby masksav » Mon May 01, 2006 8:59 am

Has anyone tried out or know anything about a Nav enhancement kit from a company called Coastal Electronics. This thing eliminates the agree and disagree screen and allows for input of addresses while the car is moving. It was made and designed for the Prius, which I think is the same Radio/Nav system. It's only $99.00 and if it works for us, that would be money well spent

http://coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Mon May 01, 2006 9:25 am

It's not the same unit. Priuses (Prii?) have their screen and nav unit as two separate things, ours is one. This little connection thing goes between the screen and nav unit.

This was brought up a while ago, but noone was able to give it a try.

Coastal was having problems filling orders. When emailed, they stated that they were developing a similar product for other Toyotas, but nothing came of it.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Down2TheC » Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 am

I imagine that if you look at the EWD, you most likely have a signal wire for speed that could be cut. For the convertible top ECU there was a 5v speed input that pulsed. I cut that and it thinks the car is standing still forever.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Mon May 01, 2006 9:47 am

yeah... unless I'm mistaken, that's not too good for the navi system... doesn't it rely on the speed sensor to tell it that it's moving?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Nav enhancement

Postby masksav » Mon May 01, 2006 10:46 am

When I called them they pretty much blew me off and said there working on one for Lexus and dont know when it will be ready
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5