[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Bypass Avic Nav N2
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Bypass Avic Nav N2

Bypass Avic Nav N2

Postby Kjk747 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Pioneer avic N2 bypass is true. I am a total non-believer when it comes to things like this and it took me 5 months to finally decide to do this. Well I did today and it works! This bypass allows you or your passenger to either watch DVD movies (not recommended for the driver of course (that's the reason for the blocking of this option)) or entering a destination by the passenger while driving. All while everything is still connected and driving over the 10 or 20 MPH limit in the unit. I bought the unit from a shop other than a pioneer dealer so I had no warrantee to begin with, so I decided to go with it. On the underside of the unit there is a silver sticker remove it (those of you who bought your unit from a deal of pioneer’s technically your warrantee is over. Under this sticker you will see to solder points. You can guess where I’m getting at. You either need a tracer pen from radio shack to connect these points or as I did because I was afraid that if something went wrong I would need a way out so I used a very thin gauge wire soldered it to both points and I created a loop just in case it did not work I could snip and revert back to no contact. Well I Now know it works so the loop and wire would only be for the skeptical people out there as well but I’m telling you I was almost shitting bricks when I did this cause I paid 1200 for mine and I thought I was making one expensive paper weight. But I did not it actually works! I would not that I know this worked recommend the tracer pen because it’s much easier if your not an expert into soldering, all you do is draw a quick line and your done. Then the most important part MUST Ground out the wire that goes into your parking break wire! Not your original parking break wire but the light green wire. Cut it and ground it out to the body of your car somewhere. I found a nut that I just screwed it into behind the head unit off to the left. Worked great. I also grounded out the yellow wire that has gray dots on it to re-gain my MPH Miles left to drive and average display on my steering wheel. I was not happy bout loosing that so some research paid off and now it works again. So with any Luck all you pioneer avic n2 owners can have total control back. I have heard this hack also works on the d1 pioneers but I don’t have one so I cannot speak for you guys out there. So if anyone can get use out of this post good luck but seriously there was no luck needed for this I just finally got the balls in order to do it and I can vouch that it is a proven hack as of today. Hope this helps my fellow pioneer avic n2 owners who want total control.
Kjk747
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Nice....but this should should be in the Tutorials section!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Kjk747 » Tue May 02, 2006 5:58 pm

so it does not fit under audio video or navigation? :drinking:
Kjk747
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 am

There is a handful of A/V tutorials in the Tutorials section. And you've wrote up a "How To"..

henceforth, i should become a mod so i can move it :-)
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed May 03, 2006 6:56 am

dvdchris45 wrote:There is a handful of A/V tutorials in the Tutorials section. And you've wrote up a "How To"..

henceforth, i should become a mod so i can move it :-)

I'd move it to the Gen 2 tutorial if it wasn't in 1 big paragraph. Makes it hard to read and follow. Generally tutorials are in step-by-step format. So therefore, this section is fine.

Thanks for posting up the info though, I'm sure others with this setup will find it useful. :D

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jack Soulfire » Wed May 03, 2006 8:54 am

Big, dense blocks of text scare me.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Kjk747 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:27 pm

A mod on my Side? :D Thanks! I will use better judgement next time although I think this is the only dvd/nav system for me.... for a while at least. So some pople don't get thier panties all twisted when I write another post. Oh and big block of text guy... sorry I do like structure and consistancy so If it was hard to read maybe I should double space? Sorry for the eye blur.
Kjk747
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WSkids97 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:29 am

The N2 and D1 have those same points to connect. My favorite by far is the Z1 however because to bypass it the parking light wire needs to be flashed 3 times.
WSkids97
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5