[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer/Premier Shallow-Mount Subwoofers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer/Premier Shallow-Mount Subwoofers

Pioneer/Premier Shallow-Mount Subwoofers

Postby cklinh » Tue May 02, 2006 10:15 am

I'm just doing a little research ahead of time, but I will be attempting to build my own custom box sometime next year.

My box now is just taking up too much space (even though it's normal sized box for 2 10's)

So, I was looking into someway of minimizing the size of the box and ran across this...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/p ... 08,00.html

The 10" has a mounting depth of less than 3", and only requires 0.35-0.7 cu. ft. of space. (less than 3.5" and 0.5-1.0 cu. ft. for the 12")

Has anyone used these? Like them? I guess they were designed to be used in trucks and SUV's, but if I installed them in a properly sized box, it should be fine right?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby swindler » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 am

I'd be curious as well, but I'm going to start out skeptical until I have some more proof.

I was going to model what the performance of the sub would be like in a modest enclosure, but they don't give any of the Theile/Small parameters on the site you referenced. That's not a good sign.

It might do better in a shallow enclosure than anything else does, but I wouldn't expect it to sound as good as a competitive 10" or 12".
2006 SLE V6 Convertible
swindler
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 am

I've heard a pair of the 12"s running on a JL 1000/1 in an older Chevy Crew Cab and the things hit pretty well. I'd put them about on par with JL W3v.2s as far as thump, although they're not as clean (a slightly larger box may level it out a little bit, but I wouldn't anticipate drastic improvements). He had them in a dual chamber sealed box with .6CuFt per chamber... They sounded pretty good for what they were.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5