[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Please help - need to remove stock stereo on '04
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Please help - need to remove stock stereo on '04

Please help - need to remove stock stereo on '04

Postby Vad3K » Mon May 15, 2006 4:21 pm

could anybody please direct me to a DIY on how to remove the stock cd player on 2004 solara? i looked here on the forums for half hour or so and couldn't find any. i only figured out how to remove the black part abova it with the clock and air ducts. thanks in advance
Vad3K
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tacti » Mon May 15, 2006 5:20 pm

here is how to remove the stereo.

1. open the arm rest console. pull the emergency brake.

2. pull the center part by putting your finger in emergency brake hole (?). you should remove the rear (close to the arm rest first).

3. continue to the front side, and remove the whole center part.

4. pull the under stereo console box toward you and remove it.

5. use a flat head driver cover the tip with electric tape and pry the top display (the black plastic part with clock, temp, multi function display, air conditioning opeining) out.
put the tip of the flat head into the side of the cover, and pry toward you. it should be able to come out pretty easy

6. now you should be able to see 4 bolts that holds the head unit. 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.

i'll post some pictures soon.
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Vad3K » Mon May 15, 2006 5:38 pm

ah, i thought of doing that but didn't have enough time before it would have become dark. thanks a lot! and, yeah, if you could put up some photos, would be nice.
Vad3K
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tacti » Mon May 15, 2006 6:22 pm

here is the link to the pictures.
I just made it real quick, so let me know if there's anything which is not clear.

http://web.mac.com/tacti/iWeb/Site/Audio.html

tact
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tacti » Mon May 15, 2006 7:46 pm

btw, i think it might be in wrong forum.. but don't know what would be the correct one tho..
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 am

How about "Gen 2 Audio/Video/Navigation"
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DaOnoKine » Tue May 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Careful in step 5. I had a hard time removng this piece, and when I did it made ginormous "SNAP" sound. I thought I broke the clips but alas, no harm done.
Black 2005 SE Sport 4cyl 5spd manual
--------------------------------------------
Tein SS Damper System
Injen Intake
DaOnoKine
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Vad3K » Wed May 17, 2006 3:50 pm

okay! the new player is in!

the thing was very easy to replace, easier than other cars i've dealth with (honda accord, acura cl, nissan maxima)

thanks again!!
Vad3K
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:51 pm

I have a question regarding the removal of the pod where where clock, temp, ect are located. Just where is the screw driver placed to remove it? I don't want to damage anything or dent the dash padding. I might want to installed a BEC105 camera in the future and as I understand it the only way to access the rear of the radio is by removing the pod.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tacti » Fri May 19, 2006 6:49 pm

there are no screws behind the Pod (temp/clock/etc).
you can just pull straight out.
there are three clips and the middle one tend to stay on the dash, instead of coming out with pod.
make sure you put the clip back onto the pod before you place it back to dash.

good luck

tact
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Sat May 20, 2006 6:58 am

linmk2 wrote:I have a question regarding the removal of the pod where where clock, temp, ect are located. Just where is the screw driver placed to remove it? I don't want to damage anything or dent the dash padding. I might want to installed a BEC105 camera in the future and as I understand it the only way to access the rear of the radio is by removing the pod.

If you can work blind (get the pic of the back of the unit) you can reach back there fine without pulling it all out.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5