[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need Audio Help
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Need Audio Help

Need Audio Help

Postby ToplessNYC » Mon May 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi there fellow Solara-Heads. I'm John and I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I screw this up. It's my first post.

I have an 06 SLE Conv and I wanted to have more bass as I felt the stock system is a little weak....
So I went on Ebay and bought 2 Kicker L7's and a Kicker Amp to go along with it. No one I know seems to know how to hook it up.
I heard I can just jump the signal from the rear speakers, but then I heard that the sound quality won't be that great. Is this true?
I also wanted to hook up my IPOD direclty to the head unit and then found out this was going to be a problem as the factory JBL head Unit
does not have an aux out? Also do I need to Dynomat the trunk for the bass rattle?
Does anyone have any good advice- Thanks
John

Here is a link to my car- I just put Mike T's upper and Lower this afternoon:)

http://members.aol.com/djsuraci1/solaraguy.jpg
ToplessNYC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon May 22, 2006 4:11 pm

im not of much help on audio stuff. but.
welcome to SG! .. :D . try using search man, you might find something there.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Re: Need Audio Help

Postby Mr_Chunks » Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 am

ToplessNYC wrote:Hi there fellow Solara-Heads. I'm John and I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I screw this up. It's my first post.

I have an 06 SLE Conv and I wanted to have more bass as I felt the stock system is a little weak....
So I went on Ebay and bought 2 Kicker L7's and a Kicker Amp to go along with it. No one I know seems to know how to hook it up.
I heard I can just jump the signal from the rear speakers, but then I heard that the sound quality won't be that great. Is this true?
I also wanted to hook up my IPOD direclty to the head unit and then found out this was going to be a problem as the factory JBL head Unit
does not have an aux out? Also do I need to Dynomat the trunk for the bass rattle?
Does anyone have any good advice- Thanks
John

Here is a link to my car- I just put Mike T's upper and Lower this afternoon:)

http://members.aol.com/djsuraci1/solaraguy.jpg

You need a box first. If you dont have one just buy one, its easier than making one ( in my opinion )

You can solder the subs into the rear channel but a better way to do it ( and also safer ) is to get an amp wiring kit and hook it up the right way. The stock head unit doesnt have a preamp for the subs so youll have to buy an extra part which expands 1 more preamp out for your subs. Basically theyll sound better. The part is like around 30-40 bucks at best buy or something like that.

For the IPOD you cant plug it directly into the head unit. You can either go with a tape adapter and stick in your casette player or go with an FM transmitter. I tried both but I like the tape adapter better because the FM transmitter doesnt play too loud. I dont know about other brands though.

If youre running 2 L7s in the trunk you might want to get dynamat. Its a sticky tar roll on that absorbs vibration and bounces sound. Depending on how much your amp is putting out. Anything about 300w ( should be WAY more than that if youre running 2 solobaric L7 ) and you should put dynamat. If you dont your trunk will rattle, and if u got a factory spoiler ( like me ) itll rattle ALOT.

hope that helps :)

BTW welcome to SG
Mr_Chunks
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 pm

Moved from introductions to Gen 2 Audio.

Deleted the duplicate posting that had no responses.

- You'll get some great advice here. There are a few audio guys that blow me away with their knowledge. Just hang tight till they have a chance to respond.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5