[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HK for Ipod
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

HK for Ipod

HK for Ipod

Postby mik00725 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:28 pm

2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jack Soulfire » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:26 pm

I was very interested in this when it came out I read MANY MANY reviews and customer opinions in which most cases were "just okay" to sub-par conclusions on the product. Nobody really said it was totally great... and for the price I decided not to go for it.

Just google for articles & reviews on it. A site like this might only have one or two people who actually own it, if that.

It seemed like a great idea & design, but I think there are a few flaws in the interface to which I can't remember and am too lazy to go look up.

edit -

I remember this site had a very thorough review on the product, probably all you'll want to know.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/driveplay.ars
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby superlara » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:16 am

well wouldnt know why you would wanna get that when u can directly hook ur ipod up to your headunit and control it from your steering wheel controls.

addition to that for the guys out there that have dvd/monitors in your ride their is a part for your ipod where you can actually use the ipod as a hardrive (no matter what version ipod you have) and watch movies directly from it.

these parts are aftermarket but they "do" exist, i have the ipod audio hook up that works great and the ipod video hookup just recently came out about a couple of months ago at SEMA. if your interested as of now the audio hook up can be purchased online but not sure on how easy it is to get it hooked up to your car. the video hookup is presently only available to car tuner shops, thats what i heard about a month ago, but if you look hard enough you'll probably find it
3.3 L V6
18"kyowarims,custompaint,InjenIntake,EibachSprings,VeradUnderglo,LEDint., Ipod,2-7"monitors,dvd,TRDmuffler,MikeT's grilles,
superlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5