[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)

Postby crispone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 am

GzNutz wrote:Props on the mini fridge camo! Hilarious and yet so effective.

THANK YOU!

It WAS an "epic" achievement! HA HA!

Considering a "high-end" setup with three amps, Alpine H/U w/iPod interface, MB Quart staging up front & JL Audio in rear fill + a "large" subwoofer... the BIG SUB BOX in the x-cab was like a WORM on a HOOK just WAITING for a large-mouth-ass 8) to step up and bash a window and strip my beater P/U for the equipment!

Enabled me to retain the "beater" status of the truck AND have GREAT TUNES without the frazzled nerves OR a security system. Cheap insurance...

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Aotoyota » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:47 am

crispone wrote:
rockguitar86 wrote:well, i guess that would explain why i coudln't find what speakers you were using up there :D i don't think i would mind having a full-range setup in the doors, but i do like having the mid-highs by the windshield, just because it reflects offo f the glass and comes right at you. or maybe because every car my family and i have ever owned had speakers of some kind up there :P

also given your experience with trying to use the stock jbl head unit, i was wondering if you could take a look at and maybe offer your 2 cents on my topic (http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48904). i'm not looking to necessarily go as far as you did, but i'm trying to figure out some options and and kind of a n00b when it comes to car audio, but i love it and am trying to learn more about it. (i'm gonna be doing a custom install on my moms 1972 Buick Skylark convertible in a month or so. that will be fun!)

also, do you have to take the entire door panel off to get ot the door speaker compartments?

Thanks for the help!

it's awesome that a board like this exists. i'm even comtemplating some suspension/stability upgrades after reading these forums and reading about other people's experiences/gripes.

- Still suggest NOT separating the tweeter from the woofer. I was "schooled" on this principle over learning it on my own... but have come to accept and subscribe to it as "technically sound" in most cases based on multiple inputs from other audiophiles who know more than I do, and my own experience is VERY GOOD stage and presence when set up this way. (Note: I HAVE placed tweets - Emit series Infinity ribbon - in the dash and staged off the glass, but REALLY bright, and causes some undesirable separation from the rest of the frequency range.)

- No sweat! I'll check out your thread...

- 1972 SKYLARK!!!??? We HAD one of those when I was a kid! "Mint green" no less! G/L w/that project, too!

i Might start a war with Crisp, but here is my two cents...

put everything where it will fit and sound good. there is no rule of thumb on speaker placement. I had experimented with kick panels when i first started with the stereo, and as good as it was, the stage wasn't right. there was a rainbow effect and thats what happenns to many kickpanel installs.

instead i went and experimented witha roll of double stick tape slack on the speaker wire and started to put the tweet in most reasonable spots in the car. and now this is what i got..

one thing to mention is that i have an electronic xover/eq which allows me the comfort and ability to control the sound the way i want it to.

typically, with traditional xovers, the manual will highlight how they should be used. ie the Alpine Type-X speakers actually have jumpers in the xover to modify depending on speaker placement.

so long story short. do what sounds good to you and read the manual. cheers.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:55 am

Aotoyota wrote:
crispone wrote:
rockguitar86 wrote:well, i guess that would explain why i coudln't find what speakers you were using up there :D i don't think i would mind having a full-range setup in the doors, but i do like having the mid-highs by the windshield, just because it reflects offo f the glass and comes right at you. or maybe because every car my family and i have ever owned had speakers of some kind up there :P

also given your experience with trying to use the stock jbl head unit, i was wondering if you could take a look at and maybe offer your 2 cents on my topic (http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48904). i'm not looking to necessarily go as far as you did, but i'm trying to figure out some options and and kind of a n00b when it comes to car audio, but i love it and am trying to learn more about it. (i'm gonna be doing a custom install on my moms 1972 Buick Skylark convertible in a month or so. that will be fun!)

also, do you have to take the entire door panel off to get ot the door speaker compartments?

Thanks for the help!

it's awesome that a board like this exists. i'm even comtemplating some suspension/stability upgrades after reading these forums and reading about other people's experiences/gripes.

- Still suggest NOT separating the tweeter from the woofer. I was "schooled" on this principle over learning it on my own... but have come to accept and subscribe to it as "technically sound" in most cases based on multiple inputs from other audiophiles who know more than I do, and my own experience is VERY GOOD stage and presence when set up this way. (Note: I HAVE placed tweets - Emit series Infinity ribbon - in the dash and staged off the glass, but REALLY bright, and causes some undesirable separation from the rest of the frequency range.)

- No sweat! I'll check out your thread...

- 1972 SKYLARK!!!??? We HAD one of those when I was a kid! "Mint green" no less! G/L w/that project, too!

i Might start a war with Crisp, but here is my two cents...

put everything where it will fit and sound good. there is no rule of thumb on speaker placement. I had experimented with kick panels when i first started with the stereo, and as good as it was, the stage wasn't right. there was a rainbow effect and thats what happenns to many kickpanel installs.

instead i went and experimented witha roll of double stick tape slack on the speaker wire and started to put the tweet in most reasonable spots in the car. and now this is what i got..

one thing to mention is that i have an electronic xover/eq which allows me the comfort and ability to control the sound the way i want it to.

typically, with traditional xovers, the manual will highlight how they should be used. ie the Alpine Type-X speakers actually have jumpers in the xover to modify depending on speaker placement.

so long story short. do what sounds good to you and read the manual. cheers.

I support this position completely. Every opinion I offer is subject to the limited knowledge of it's source... with the exception of very few personal experiences otherwise. I have always been of the "try and see" school of learning. (With several exception... 8) )

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Re: CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)

Postby crispone » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 am

LEAP-FORWARD eight and a half years...

Sold car to friend, bought back six years later and now it’s my 19 year old son’s car/mobile-sound-capsule!

We replaced an amp (the Orion SX2125 blew a cap...) and also the rear deck 6x9’s for Christmas. Car still looks, runs and sounds Great! :)

-crisp
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5