[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)

Postby crispone » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:35 am

^^^ I feel like your AVATAR is YOU stabbing ME!!!! :o

BWAAAAAAAAAHHHhhhh ha ha ha ha!!!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:39 am

You know better than that!
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:43 am

Is this one better? :lol:
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby crispone » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:08 pm

MCOjerry wrote:Is this one better? :lol:

RED "X" for me...???

(...less "painful", anyway... 8) )

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm

HOLY SH!T!!!!!

I just finished spending an hour and a half "TESTING" my new setup! OMG! :o

All I can say is... I've been MISSING OUT on my AUDIOPHILE PAST for so long... I didn't KNOW I was missing out anymore! NOW I KNOW! :wink:

VERY IMPRESSIVE results with the three amps, Alpine CDE-9881, two pair of Memphis MC 6x9's, and my trusty old Kenwood 11 band EQ (WITH parametric AND sub control...)

Nice integration with my iPod... and fantastic body, volume, clarity, intensity, and energy in my system!

Here's my "ultimate" test for when the system is "adequate". When I can actually listen as LOUD as I can STAND, and STILL not DISTORT!

THAT'S GREAT SOUND!

...anyway... I just HAD to CHIME IN with all the trouble I went to just to get here... and WELL WORTH THE EFFORT AND THE EXPENSE! (Actually, I did it for a bargain!)

Good luck out there for the rest of you.... I'll be "updating" with some more pics and "FINAL INSTALL" shots showing things "buttoned up" again.

Thanks for viewing and input along the way... I believe EVERYONE should experience music this way at some point... (of those who HAVEN'T... those who HAVE, know what I'm talking about...)

STOCK and LITTLE or SUB-PAR amps and speakers etc... just don't do the opportunity for fantastic acoustics justice in a car like the Solara...

...now to look into my TINT and DYNAMAT.... :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Congrats for your good work ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby QuickSEV6 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:12 pm

What are you listening to that impresses you so much? Rock? Hip Hop? Rap? Death Metal? Muskrat Love?
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby funboy102 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 pm

for some reason... i see Crisp listening to... symphonic or opera music... haha... or maybe classic jazz...

But anyways, congratulation on getting that hi-fi sound system install Crisp! I'm sure you'll be happy with the sound now
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jack Soulfire » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Great to hear Crisp!!!

If theres a meet in the area in the future I look forward to hearing it in person.

I can't wait to do the same thing. I'm going to wait to buy my head unit until I have enough money to buy a 4 channel amp and two pairs of new 6x9's all at once.

I'll do a similar posting with pictures hopefully in a month or so when the funds are there. Unfortunately my bi-yearly car insurance bill just came today, and that's always a nice unexpected $600 to fork out. :x

Enjoy it man.... I'm jealous already.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:28 pm

^^^ THIS THING OUTRIGHT ROCKS!!!

THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS, guys!!! I'm REALLY psyched...

...as for MUSIC LISTENED TO... hmmmm... this is the SECOND TEST that I perform...

Q: Can your SYSTEM reproduce ALL MANNER OF MUSIC from EITHER CD OR iPOD with HIGH VOLUME ACCURACY and CLARITY without any major adjustments to sub/EQ/channel balance, etc...

A: YES!!!! From the OLD BLUE's of Muddy Water's.. to multiple tracks of AC/DC to... Enya, Laurie Anderson, London Symphony Orchestra, Gregorian Chants, Simon and Garfunkel, Violent Femmes, Flaming Lips, Classic ZZ Top, Yank Rachel, U2, Pink Floyd, White Zombie, Willie Nelson, ekoostik hookah, The Cranberries, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Brian Bromberg, Electronica album covering AC/DC, Men at Work, Jacob Dylan (The Wallflowers), Pete Yorn... heck... the list goes on... and THAT was just a SMALL SAMPLING of over 200 tracks I tested. I have it down to requiring just a TOUCH on the EQ SUB GAIN and/or CUTOFF slide... NOTHING MORE... (although I dabble a litte with the parametrics with CERTAIN tunes/genre of music...)

I'm not talking JUST LOUD or "BLARING"... I mean PIN-DROP ECHOES and INTERNAL ORGAN JIGGLING RESONANCE from LOW "C" on large PIPE ORGAN.... SCREAMING HIGHS and RICH BOUNTIFULLY BODIFUL MIDS! Clean transition throughout the entire spectrum... just ENVELOPING your BODY and MIND as you are DRIVEN to everything from GOOSEBUMPS to FIDGETING from the INTENSITY of the LOW FREQUNCY SNAPS and DRONES that accurately express the deep flavor of a Cello and Bass...

Yeah... audiophile crisp is BACK!

Jack, you are WELCOME to check my sound out! I'd LOVE to share it with ANYONE... and suspect MOST people will be surprised by the EXPERIENCE, because it's NOT JUST LISTENING to the music... you LITERALLY COALESCE in the confines of my Solaracoustical Chamber of Propulsion and SOUND.....

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Jack Soulfire wrote:Unfortunately my bi-yearly car insurance bill just came today, and that's always a nice unexpected $600 to fork out. :x

:think:
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:26 am

Awesome Crisp, I'm glad to hear it lives up to your expectations after all that hard work!!! It's definitely worth it in the end though!! It looks great, especially in the dark! Did the amp rack work out to your liking?

I'm COMPLETELY lacking in the Supra department... I'm still running the '88 stock 4" crappers (pops and rattles included!) on an Alpine CDE-9843 (decent, low-end model) that the former owner tossed in there... I've been limited to talk radio, but even that crackles sometimes from the bass in voices :-P

I gotta get something in there ASAP, or I WILL go nuts!!!

-James

MCOjerry wrote:
Jack Soulfire wrote:Unfortunately my bi-yearly car insurance bill just came today, and that's always a nice unexpected $600 to fork out. :x

:think:

Concurred... Also, if a bi-yearly $600 is all you gotta worry about on a 2006 V6 you MUST be doing SOMETHING right... I had to shell out $124/month, or like $670 if I paid in full for my 2004 V6 :-?
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:35 am

Crisp - Glad your stuff worked out okay... sounds like you listen the same as I do!

Who cares how much bass thump you can have to rattle the windows of the cars next to you? To me, that's NOT listening to music! ;) Funny thing is, when they test your system at these local car shows, they don't play music at all - just a tone-test cd to see how low/loud your subs can go! :roll:

Of course, I'll never get quite the "living room" sound quality in a convertible, I know I can definitely improve on it - and it's going to require quite a bit of Dynamat and hard work... better save up both time and money for THAT project! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:30 am

PXLpainter wrote:Crisp - Glad your stuff worked out okay... sounds like you listen the same as I do!

Who cares how much bass thump you can have to rattle the windows of the cars next to you? To me, that's NOT listening to music! ;) Funny thing is, when they test your system at these local car shows, they don't play music at all - just a tone-test cd to see how low/loud your subs can go! :roll:

True, true.... HOWEVER....

I gotta tell ya, the OLD SCHOOL Pioneer GM-H200 is a BEAST (those in the "know" will KNOW it!), and coupled with proper tuning and the Boston Acoustic "G-Tuned" sub, I almost RUPTURED A GONAD listening to WHITE ZOMBIE (Swinging Sexy Singles...Mix) and AC/DC's "BALLBREAKER" album!

...I'll keep a couple ATHLETIC CUPS lined with DYNAMAT handy for myself and a passenger during future listening sessions... because SERIOUSLY... this setup outright POUNDS if you WANT it to... (Courtesy DAMPING FACTOR greater than 1000 out of the beastie amp... :o )

^^^ Not TOO bad for an oldie... could be a "little" cleaner... but in the end, there is something a little "nostalgic" about a LITTLE HISS as you CUE UP a TUNE that's about to ROCK YOUR FOUNDATIONS! 8)

...heh heh heh...

Oh a DEPRESSING note... it's APRIL and we JUST HAD A WINTER ADVISARY situation this morning!!! :evil: SNOW, BLOWING SNOW, and FREEZING/SHEET-ICED ROADWAYS.... so the 'lara sits at home and the trusty old 4x4 gets in one more winter duty round to work... :-?

(I'll just have to JAM when I get home tonight... :wink: )

Thanks again for all the comments and support on this. I haven't had THIS MUCH fun (and frustration!) for a LONG time on a project of this nature.... one of my "lost" true loves... car audio.

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 am

theprodigy79 wrote:Awesome Crisp, I'm glad to hear it lives up to your expectations after all that hard work!!! It's definitely worth it in the end though!! It looks great, especially in the dark! Did the amp rack work out to your liking?

I'm COMPLETELY lacking in the Supra department... I'm still running the '88 stock 4" crappers (pops and rattles included!) on an Alpine CDE-9843 (decent, low-end model) that the former owner tossed in there... I've been limited to talk radio, but even that crackles sometimes from the bass in voices :-P

I gotta get something in there ASAP, or I WILL go nuts!!!

-James

James,

The AMP RACK is PERFECT! Well worth the small price I paid you for it! Honestly, YOU are responsible for this WHOLE THREAD as a result of that one spontaneous purchase! ... and I THANK you for being to CREDIT for the activity! 8)

...as far as the SUPRA stereo(s) go... I can tell you... the earlier Toyota stereo systems were WOEFUL at BEST!!! (I had THREE in SUPRAs and several in their OTHER vehicles... even the "base" level system in my wife's NEWER - '03 - Highlander was LAUGHABLE!)

Good luck getting something decent in there SOON, so you don't go NUTS listening to distorted static! 8)

(I still have some really nice Infinity Injected Molded Graphite 4" + Ribbon NS? series tweeters - REALLY BRIGHT - in my '89 Supra... but the rest of the system is all cleaned out. Nice thing is, you have a decent enclosure that can be "modified", better damping inside, etc... in the front door panels and fitted with a good set of speakers for some decent sound down the road...)

I think I used to have 13 speakers run off 4 or 5 amps at around 1500 watts in the old Supra... hmmmmmm.... seems like that philosophy is working it's way over to the Solara? :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5