[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:52 am

crispone,

WOW, lots of time and dedications involved in this project. Props bro! Hope to see it in the near future.

-M
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Orion 4100gx

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:22 am

faststang04 wrote:I found this searching through google under Orion amps. I also use the Old Orion Amps. And have one old school amp for sale. It is a 4100gx and I also have the bridging module 400 bdg for it. It is too large for my car. I have the 2125sx as well as a 250sx as well that I am keeping. The old Orion stuff is great. I also use the Orion 3100svf and 300prq. If you know of anyone interested in it shoot me a pm.

Very cool to see others still using the old Orion amps, good luck with your set up.

That is a very nice amp, as are the two you are keeping. What condition is it in? What did you run off of it?
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solara08861 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:49 am

Crispone if you are looking for a second battery I recommend Batcap 800.
I currently have it connected to Rockford Fosgate T10001 amp and had no issues with it. Its a very compact battery.

XSTATIC® BATCAP® Model 800
800 Cold Cranking Amps
Powerful Enough To Crank An Automobile
Battery W/Discharge Rate Of A Capacitor
Dimensions: 7"W x 3"D x 6-1/2"H
Only 14 Pounds!
Easy Hookup - Connect In Parallel To Car Amp
Works With Existing Caps
No Memory Effect - Always Same Capacity
Cool Operation
Maintenance Free Sealed Case
Mount In Any Orientation
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:33 pm

michaels artic frost wrote:crispone,

WOW, lots of time and dedications involved in this project. Props bro! Hope to see it in the near future.

-M

Thanks Michael! Still tinkerin' on it, as time and money allows!

I need to dynamat the entire car sometime... as well as make the "jump" to the ZR's up front! The system really sounds great even now, though.

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Solara08861 wrote:Crispone if you are looking for a second battery I recommend Batcap 800.
I currently have it connected to Rockford Fosgate T10001 amp and had no issues with it. Its a very compact battery.

XSTATIC® BATCAP® Model 800
800 Cold Cranking Amps
Powerful Enough To Crank An Automobile
Battery W/Discharge Rate Of A Capacitor
Dimensions: 7"W x 3"D x 6-1/2"H
Only 14 Pounds!
Easy Hookup - Connect In Parallel To Car Amp
Works With Existing Caps
No Memory Effect - Always Same Capacity
Cool Operation
Maintenance Free Sealed Case
Mount In Any Orientation

I will look into that. My local car audio place carries something similar... I think not exactly the same, but I'll take a look at some specs.

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

thanks

Postby pigpimpc » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Thanks for all your information and help Crisp. This is a great post you made for us.
pigpimpc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:49 pm

If you';re doing a second battery consider using
a battery isolater

e
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mustang144 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 am

Hey Crisp,
I am new to the board, and I love your install. Very nice job mixing old school equipment with new school stuff. I remember some of those old amps.

I didnt know if you have seen the dash kits from Schosche, but I bought the double din dash kit for my car, which incidently is exactly like yours...lol

They have a single din dash kit that matches perfectly which has a pocket below the HU, which you could cut out for your EQ.

Here is the link:
http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1219
2004 Toyota Solara SE
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
2000 Lincoln LS
Mustang144
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 am

THANKS guys! Hadn't been on to acknowledge the recent posts!

YES, I really enjoyed the journey on my audio... and STILL AM! (Not many changes recently, and it still sounds GREAT... but I'm now playing with the Boston Acoustic components idea, as the ZR's were SOLD before I could grab them! (Actually, the Memphis 6x9's with the Orion power on them sound REALLY SURPRISINGLY GOOD up front in the doors AND in the rear deck! VERY SURPRISING to those who have compared them to "higher dollar" speakers, and PREFERRED my sound! ...must be the old-skool amps... or the installer!? heh heh! 8) )

Glad to hear of others who found something worth reading in my project!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:22 am

What the heck... UPDATE!

Well, despite my INTENT to go with JL ZR's or some such component front speakers... I've continued to use AND ENJOY my Memphis Audio 6x9 units (same as rear deck) with VERY GOOD sound and feedback from those who hear them. I am CONVINCED the OLD SKOOL Orion SX2125 amp is GREATLY due the credit for the super staging and intensity of these speakers, but they have truly performed FLAWLESSLY with my set up.

That having been said, everything is AS SHOWN in the last few updates to the system, and at the Columbus HIN this past summer, I THINK the others who heard it were relatively impressed considering the total cash outlay for the system I currently have. (YOU would likely pay substantially MORE for a similar system, as I HAD many of the old amps, etc... laying around, and my local stereo shop owner is a very good long-time friend, so I pay REAL LOW prices on everything...)

Anyway... I continue to see a LOT of new(er) comers explore stereo options, and want to encourage any/all efforts to improve on the stock systems, (whichever you have) because the Solara is a GREAT vehicle for good audio... both acoustically, and from a "clean install" potential perspective. It ALSO has a relatively quiet interior, and can further be improved on to turn it into a true audiophile sound capsule with a little patience, money, and effort.

G/L! :wink:

PS: There most CERTAINLY WILL be further enhancements to my system eventually... as I CONTINUE to try to track down an OLD Kenwood KAC-1021 for the sub, possibly a "stealth" driver/chamber install to free up ALL of trunk, and components up front... although the Memphis are doing just FINE in BOTH the front and rear. I'd ALSO like to find ANOTHER Orion SX2125 and drive the rear decks with it... the sound signature is just great with those old doorstops!)

Oh, yeah... and my LATEST CHANGE to the system? Replace the batteries in my Alpine H/U remote... HA HA HA!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby QuickSEV6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:27 am

QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby Black Bob » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 am

Crisp, I also must applaud your mod efforts. Your set up is miles ahead of mine, but once my slave reparations check arrives from the guv'ment IT IS GONNA BE ON!!!! (Oh, and if my extended warranty allows it.)
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby Solara08861 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Did you get a secondary battery?
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Solara08861 wrote:Did you get a secondary battery?

I have NOT! :-?

On the other hand, it hasn't been an issue with the current sub and amp... although if I really wanted to HIT a lot harder, and set up a bit higher current draw in my configuration, I'd certainly do the battery at that point. I EVEN plan on doing it with what I HAVE... just too many other "money-pits" in my stable at the moment... 8)

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking: MGD (for YOU, Quick... :wink: )
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Black Bob wrote:Crisp, I also must applaud your mod efforts. Your set up is miles ahead of mine, but once my slave reparations check arrives from the guv'ment IT IS GONNA BE ON!!!! (Oh, and if my extended warranty allows it.)

How do I get one of those checks? 8)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5