[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CRISPICS of musical aspiration... (Vol. I~?)

Postby mcsoccer7 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:21 pm

^^^ Yeah, that's what I meant by depending on which amps will power what speakers. If they are only going to be on the tweets, then there won't be any spikes, and you shouldn't have any power. However, I've always gone by the rule that a half farad is good for 500W RMS. 1 Farad for 1000W RMS, and so on. I currently run a half farad cap only on my sub amp which is an mono Alpine that I have bridged to 2 ohms and it makes 440W in that configuration. My cap has a gauge on it, and when it really hits hard, the cap drops to about one fourth it's capacity. If you are going to be running around 1000W one that cap, I would consider upgrading it, or adding another. But that's just me...
mcsoccer7
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby crispone » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:30 pm

The Pioneer is 300w RMS in MONO mode on the sub, and the Kenwood is 200w RMS as a 100x2 configuration on 6x9's that have x-net for BOTH coax tweets AND main cone. I think I'm right on with your math. :wink:

(Note: I was playing with stereos when Stillwater Designs was the "whip"... :roll: ...I think you were 10 years old that day...)

BWAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

This is coming in handy... even if it DOES need revised... :roll:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby mcsoccer7 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:40 pm

crispone wrote:(Note: I was playing with stereos when Stillwater Designs was the "whip"... :roll: ...I think you were 10 years old that day...)

BWAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

This is coming in handy... even if it DOES need revised... :roll:

Stillwater...yeah I think I remember my Dad talking about them when I was younger...hahaha...so I guess you're not .5 years old as previously indicated!!

Seriously though, good luck with your setup, it sounds like your on the right track!!
mcsoccer7
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby crispone » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Yeah... we'll have to see. It's been a LOOONG time since I messed with car stereo stuff. Nearly 10 years.

I'll make a note of what I find out from it all... (and hopefully don't BREAK the BANK or BURN UP the CAR! :o

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby QuickSEV6 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:10 am

netherland24 wrote:i never beleived in them or had use in one. i always upgrade alternator or went with bank of batterys ;)....

I agree!

QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby crispone » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:48 am

^^^ QUICK! I LIKE that SETUP!

But then again... we're working on a BUDGET base phased upgrade this time around... and I GOT it... so I'll TRY it! :D

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:51 am

Due to "popular demand"... here is the requested pic of the power cable route through the firewall on my '04 SE Sport. Just a SNIP of the available SPARE rubber boot NIPPLE on the passenger side, and your wire will thread nicely into the cabin. (I recommend some armorall or a touch of soapy water to help it SLIDE right through. :wink: )

I'm still working on the line-level converter taps AND the P.CON tap point... for the REMOTE POWER trigger lead. Any suggestions?

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:20 am

Working on some "pre-wiring" before heading to my 7... er... 8 year olds Birthday Party at the BOWLING ALLEY! :roll: Seriously, we'll have fun...

(WHY did my wife tell people a THREE HOUR WINDOW for them to come and PICK UP????? :o

GRRRRrrrrr.... :evil: I'll be lucky to get home with enough daylight to "test-wire" it up. Besides, I gotta sort through the STOCK wiring and find my "P.CON" trigger from up front.... :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:06 pm

^^ Just be thankful you're NOT going to Chuck E. Cheeses!! :o

I seriously think that's where I lost what was left of my sanity when my kids were little!
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby QuickSEV6 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Crisp, what is your ultimate goal?

I mean, are you just going to stuff whatever you can afford into it? Are you going to take it to competitions for Db or Sql? Or are you going to stop when you think its sounds ok?
QuickSEV6

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Looks like the bunny rabbit wants in on the project. :lol:
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 pm

MCOjerry wrote:Looks like the bunny rabbit wants in on the project. :lol:

That''s the VELVETEEN RABBIT! 8)

(Story made me cry... :cry: )

YES! He's HELPING! (Someone still NEEDS him in MY home...)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:25 pm

QuickSEV6 wrote:Crisp, what is your ultimate goal?

I mean, are you just going to stuff whatever you can afford into it? Are you going to take it to competitions for Db or Sql? Or are you going to stop when you think its sounds ok?

Good Question!

Having been over 10 YEARS since I really messed around with music in a car... I'm kinda just experimenting. HOWEVER, one thing is for SURE... I have ZERO intentions of any type of competition. NOT gonna happen! :D But I WILL continue until I am satisfied with the SOUND. (Interesting how what SATISFIES today... leaves one CRAVING tomorrow... 8)

ADDITIONALLY, I sat back and reflected on the COST of doing it in EARNEST, with assistance and TOP SHELF stuff... and frankly, I realized that would just be TOO selfish of me. :wink:

I am just doing what "works" from an incremental approach. A "PHASED" project, if you will. EASY to swap amps, or speakers... once the PLUMBING is all done... so I'll just run some wire and get the current where it needs to be for all those various signals. 8)

It doesn't matter what it looks like, or what ERA of equipment I use. If I get acceptable results, it is serving it's purpose along the way.

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:26 pm

I think he's more along my line of thinking - not a big THUMP competitor - just good solid music playability without distortion... am I right Crisp?

I can't wait until I can get the $$ together to upgrade my system too! Dang - so many projects, so little time! (and $$) :(
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:51 pm

PXLpainter wrote:

I think he's more along my line of thinking - not a big THUMP competitor - just good solid music playability without distortion... am I right Crisp?

I can't wait until I can get the $$ together to upgrade my system too! Dang - so many projects, so little time! (and $$) :(

YEAH! EXACTLY!

(I'm ONLY running a single 10" or 12" in a "stealth" enclosure... the WHOLE PROJECT is focused at SHOWING NOTHING!)

Here's a little Coustic Electronic Crossover that I forgot I had! I'll use IT to dial in the three amps I'm going to run...

And a couple shots showing the "AMPRACK" (courtesy theProdigy :wink: ) to see how the amps will "nestle" behind the rear seatbacks...

And a shot with the REAR panel in... covering the THIRD amp (on the BACK of the board shown in previous shots... along with the x-over net and wiring...)

^^^ SEE HOW NICELY everything will be CONCEALED?! :wink:

THAT is my big objective...

(DON'T WORRY! THOSE BLUE WIRES in the RIGHT LOWER CORNER will NOT be showing! HA! 8)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5