[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Custom Double Din Dash Kit?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Custom Double Din Dash Kit?

Custom Double Din Dash Kit?

Postby Mayimbe1979 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Hey everyone, I just had the Pioneer Avic Z-2 Navigation unit installed and I am about to purchase a wooden dash kit. However, I'm not sure if the dash kit "headunit" piece made for Solaras with a factory Navi will fit on an aftermarket Navi. If not, does anyone know where I can order a custom cut headunit wooden dash piece/kit?

I tried searching for this answer before posting but nothing came up, so I hope this isn't an old topic. If it is, I apologize. Nonetheless, I think we need a tutorial on how to properly use the search function.

BTW, I'm selling my previous head unit; a relatively new Pioneer DEH-9800BT. PM me if interested. Thanks in advance for any help.
Black '06 SE, Sitting on 20" Chrome Mezzano MZ8 wrapped in Toyos, 20% Tint, Polished Billet Grill, Pioneer Radio, Infinity Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amp.
Mayimbe1979
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solara08861 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Kenwood DDX with factory Navy dash kit
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:08 pm

As you can see on the picture above, the facotry nav trim is about a half an inch wider on each side, there for, assuming that your woden piece is an exact fit to thefacorty, if you put it over an aftermarket double din, it will show that gap around the inside. I do not know of anyone that makes a custom peice for that.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby aziandanny » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:07 am

i got one that is less of a gap but im working on it right now getting it painted silver to match up
aziandanny
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby islandgirl1028 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:03 pm

aziandanny wrote:i got one that is less of a gap but im working on it right now getting it painted silver to match up

where'd you get one that has the smaller gap?
islandgirl1028
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5