[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - any interest in a pre-made harness for aftermarket radios?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

any interest in a pre-made harness for aftermarket radios?

any interest in a pre-made harness for aftermarket radios?

Postby philosophicaljt » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:17 am

I used to make wiring harness's for people on my forum back when I had my prelude. Just wondering if anyone on here might want it? Let me explain:

You tell me what headunit you are getting (actually, its just the brand that matters most of the time).

I make the wiring harness that goes from the back of the headunit, to a universal connector. Similiar to the picture below: (headunit on right, universal on left)

I then make a wiring harness that connects from the factory wiring harness, to the universal connector.

I sell to you for a $2 profit over costs. Comes to a grand total of about $15 shipped to you.

This way, you don't have to do any splicing, its 100% completely reversible back to stock, and its often cheaper than you going to bestbuy/circuitcity and buying the harness yourself.

Would anyone on here be interested?

*Note* I am not doing this yet, just trying to see if anyone would be interested? I would set up a formal thread in the FS/WTB section once I started.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:33 am

While the price isn't bad, these look identical to the ones that metra makes for Circtuit City? Anyways, I wish you the best of luck, I would buy one if i didn't have a custom setup cause of the GPS harneses and if i hadn't allready installed it allready.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby philosophicaljt » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:12 pm

It is identical, except I make it. And mines half the price as buying both harnesess at CC. thats all.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 04Frost » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Have you decided on whether or not you were going to do this? If so, what is your average turnaround time?
04Frost
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Moved to Gen 2 Audio
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby philosophicaljt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 pm

well, i figured out I can buy them a LOT cheaper than I previous thought. I can get the metra kits for the exact same price.

So if your interested, just post the requests in here or PM your details.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5