[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Deck.....
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Rear Deck.....

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Oopsie daisy, I read the first part of your tutorial back when you first posted it and assumed it was only about the Camry. That should teach me not to read further. :splat: Thanks SMAN!!
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby [SMAN] » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:40 am

Black Bob wrote:Oopsie daisy, I read the first part of your tutorial back when you first posted it and assumed it was only about the Camry. That should teach me not to read further. :splat: Thanks SMAN!!

There isn't a camry in it at all!
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 am

Oopsy daisy again, if I actually read it I would've realized it was a Subaru.

Kinda makes you wonder how much I'm going to damage my rear deck this weekend if I don't read the directions huh? :wink:
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:06 am

Well, I (sorta) didn't break anything this weekend. I got the rear deck off and was relieved to know I didn't blow a speaker. The crackling sound I heard was actually the rear deck vibrating. It seems one of the fasteners (claws) right below the center stop light is not seated tight. There is about less than a millimeter amount of play in that area, but everytime a bass note hits it vibrates something wicked. Right now I have gauze stuffed pretty tight underneath but I know this will only be temporary as it will eventually vibrate back out. I was wondering if anybody would have any suggestions about an actual fix (don't say stop playing bass-heavy music, that is not an option, although this may have caused the problem in the first place).
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 am

follow my guide and add some sound deadener to there.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5