[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Alpine W200 install and now Sunroof auto doesn't work??
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Alpine W200 install and now Sunroof auto doesn't work??

Alpine W200 install and now Sunroof auto doesn't work??

Postby ISHINC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:59 pm

Hey all,

I just installed a Alpine W200 as well as the navigation system. The kits fit was horrible but I hacked it up and it looks great now.

My problem now is that my one touch sunroof open and close doesn't work now. I have to hold on to the switch to fully open or close the sunroof. Before I can push it once and it will open or close all the way.

Anybody had this problem?

Anything to do with the radio's wiring???

THanks!
ISHINC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:05 pm

No worries, it's not because of the radio. I assume you disconnected the battery when you did the install, and that is what caused this.

To reset the auto mode of your sunroof (and windows), simply hold the switch down until it's all the way open (if it stops before it's all the way open, release and re-press untill it stops all the way open), then hold the close button until it stops (if it stops before it's completely closed, release and re-press and hold until it stops; don't panic if it continues into vent).

Repeat these steps three times and it should reset the auto mode and stop sensors.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ISHINC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:30 pm

THANKS!!

I will give this a try and let you know if it works!
ISHINC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 pm

Damn! That's a cool trick! ;) :up:

Wish that worked with our convertible tops and the window "all up/down" switches! :(
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby i20solara02i » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:13 pm

what navi unit did you get ? the blackbird or the other one
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ISHINC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:51 pm

I went with the separate dvd unit. It works well!
ISHINC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:19 am

The blackbird one isn' too bad either, but the price difference between the DVD-based and the BB shows the quality from getting the DVD version =P
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:17 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Damn! That's a cool trick! ;) :up:

Wish that worked with our convertible tops and the window "all up/down" switches! :(

It does work for the window switches, but I wouldn't know about the convert tops. :-)
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5