[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Bazooka Subwoofers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Bazooka Subwoofers

Bazooka Subwoofers

Postby someazn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:49 am

Anyone have them? Are they any good? I'm looking for decent bass that will not take up my entire trunk space.
someazn
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby QuickSEV6 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:13 am

They are cheap. If you are on a budget, and really need bass, get Bazooka. But if you have more money, I'd highly recommend you get something a little better. You know, you get what you pay for.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:44 am

QuickSEV6 wrote:They are cheap. If you are on a budget, and really need bass, get Bazooka. But if you have more money, I'd highly recommend you get something a little better. You know, you get what you pay for.

Like this swimsuit! :lol: :rofl:

Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 am

what kind of bazooka subs? tell me the model and ill tell you if its decent or not.. allot of the bazooka cheap series are not worth buying. Its just like having an extra wasted set of underpowered speakers in your car.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby solara caper » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 am

i got 2 10" triangles they hit 141.56 db on the window scale, i love them they are 2 years old now and not a problem, but they wernt dirt cheap either my quarter panels pulsate out about a 1/4 inch on my gen 2 but im running a 1500 watt bazooka amp turned down to half its out put ,im scared im gonna blow them, i did before but i had one year warrenty so i learned the hard way not to turn up the amp, before they blew it felt like my brain was gonna blow,lol thats my experience with them , i recamend
solara caper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby someazn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:45 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:what kind of bazooka subs? tell me the model and ill tell you if its decent or not.. allot of the bazooka cheap series are not worth buying. Its just like having an extra wasted set of underpowered speakers in your car.

Well, I was considering buying the bazooka bta6200. Again, I'm looking for something that will save trunk space.

Here's the link: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... ooka&tp=13
someazn
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 pm

^^ I remember installing that into a customers car long ago. Not too bad but it was really weak. To me it sounded more like a low bassier end of a loud speaker. That sub is the size of your front speakers lol
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Solara08861 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:45 pm

I wanted to do something familiar to my dad's car. I kept the factory 6 cd changer radio but replaced the door speakers with Infinity Kappas 6.5 and the rear deck with 6x9 Kappas as well with a a 500 rms PPI amp so I need it some bass but not to loud for dad plus also did not want to use trunk space so I got him a Power Acoustik 800 Watt Amplified 2 10" Subwoofer Tube. It was easy to install bass sounds good and it even come with a bass controller nob.

Here are the specs

Power Acoustik's 10 Tube is the ideal enclosure for any application where space is an issue, or if the enclosure may need to be taken in and out of the vehicle. The enclosure features dual 10 subwoofers; one subwoofer is powered from the massive built in 800 watt amp. While the other 10 sub acts as a passive radiator. The enclosure features a variable low pass crossover and EQ along with line level and RCA inputs. The line level inputs allow this enclosure to be added to any vehicle by connecting at the vehicles speaker wires to grab signal from them.

Features

* Bass knob remote control
* P.W.M. Mosfet power supply
* Phase Switch (Normal / Reverse)
* Thermal / short / over load protection circuit
* Power & distress indicator
* Variable low pass (50-150Hz)
* Soft delayed remote turn-on
* 0-12dB variable bass EQ at 45Hz
* Low & High level inputs
* Auto cooling
* Two 10" woofers (one passive without magnet)
* 4 Ohm impendance
* S/N Ratio: 91 dB
* Dimensions: 16" x 12.3" x 9.5"
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarizona » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Solara08861 - you're avatar is niiiice. It's hypnotizing! Oh, and the bazooka subs are not very good. They're weak and the bass is not tight at all.
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NightRider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:39 am

Yes the bass isn't tight and it can hurt your ears after a while.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5