[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - my speaker choices
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

my speaker choices

my speaker choices

Postby behrozec34 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:51 pm

I'm more of a subwoofer guy and havent really listened to any component speakers before besides a Boston Acoustics set and the new Alpine type-R speakers (which i really like). I finding a very good deal on the following sets and would like to know how they compare.

Alpine:http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPX-17REF

MBQuart:http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/car/premium/produkt.php?nr=pvf_216#

Infinity:http://infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA%20PERFECT6.1&cat=COS&ser=KPE&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA
behrozec34
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:00 pm

I had a set of the infinity kappa perfects 6.1 in my old camry. While they seem like a nice speaker, i found them really lacking. The tweeters were very "tin" sounding and there seemed to be distinct areas where the crossovers just dropped things out (even with the adjustments on them) so i'm not going to get them again.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AllShowNoGo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Ive heard a pair of old alpine type X's(2006), and to be honest for the price i found the midbass very flat.

As for the MB quarts the only set ive heard were the QSD 216 and they sounded great. Tweeter sounded a bit bright, but im sure if played around with them they would sound great.

I would say go to an audio shop and listen to the different set-ups. Everyone will have there own personal preference.
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:22 pm

you might go a bit higher and check out the SPX-17PRO... they will give all speakers a run for the money~

the main key for midbass in our cars is deadening. when u pop open the panel, there is a HUGE hold toward the back of the door. and bass is poor from that.

Once i sealed my door up. bass is unreal.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5