[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - wiring a 4 channel amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

wiring a 4 channel amp

wiring a 4 channel amp

Postby 04Frost » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14 pm

I recently bought an Alpine MRP-F250 4 channel amp to power my 4-6x9 alpine speakers that I replaced the stocks with. I noticed on the box that the power is 40x4 at 4 ohms and 50 RMS x4 at 2 ohms.

My question is, how do I wire it so that I can drop the amp to 2 ohms to my 4 speakers so that I can push the addition 10 RMS to them?

Thank in advance for your help. Love this form!
04Frost
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm

You can wire your fronts and rears in parallel off of two channels, but you would lose your fading ability and essentially be cutting your power in half for each speaker...

The only correct way to do that is to purchase 2Ohm speakers, otherwise your best bet is just to wire the speakers you already have in 4Ohms. 10W isn't an immense amount, so I wouldn't even worry about it.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 04Frost » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Thank Prodigy,

My deck and amp got stolen once already...no need for me to be greedy and squeeze an extra 10 RMS out of it.

Thanks.
04Frost
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5