[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ipod to car
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Ipod to car

Ipod to car

Postby BadAngel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:01 pm

I am looking for a way to put my ipod in the car. One of my teachers suggested this device:
http://ipodcarparts.com/toyota-0306-inp ... 367bede7ec

It supposedly allows you to use steering wheel controls instead of the ipod itself.

Is this going to be compatible with my 2004 JBL 6-disk cd changer HU?

If not, does anybody know of a product that will be, and allows steering wheel controls?
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby scis30 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 pm

just from reading that it says nothing about using your steering wheel controls...from the page "The iPod's click wheel controls are still used for song selection, play control, etc"

your steering wheel controls should still work for everything else just not to control the ipod
SOLARAGUY PART 2
i'm baaack
scis30
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LatinUSMC » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 pm

i have usspecs Toy-12 model on my 01 and it great ,i control everything from the stock JBL HU i dunno about sterring controls that a whole other level.

http://usaspec.com/ipod.html
ALL*TRD*...Revos,FSTB,RSB,Muffler+FSB.
LatinUSMC
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:21 pm

i have a usa spec that i could sell you
its been used for sometime but its still good
its NOT specific for ipod so it wouldn't charge it and stuff but better than nothing
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:04 pm

scis30 wrote:just from reading that it says nothing about using your steering wheel controls...from the page "The iPod's click wheel controls are still used for song selection, play control, etc"

your steering wheel controls should still work for everything else just not to control the ipod

yeah i know but i know someone who had it in his and his wifes car and the steering wheel controls work for him.

The product is very confusing because if you look at the PDF brochure it says:
"Not compatible with in-dash CD changer radio"
"Not compatible with vehicles that are equipped with external CD changer, SAT, NAV, or Video System"

but then on the site it says it would work... i am confused lolz.

And as far as the USA Spec goes... for $170 i would rather go buy a Alpine or JVC HU and install it for more features and such.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Ipod to car

Postby Gadgetjq » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:26 am

BadAngel wrote:I am looking for a way to put my ipod in the car.

BA,

One option that'll let you use your steering wheel control for volume (but nothing else) is a TOY-03 module. You simply plug it into the back of your JBL system then connect a standard female stereo jack to the module. Plug your I-Pod into that.

The module works through the 'disk' channel on your car radio.
Installation instructions here: http://www.gadgetjq.com/solara/audio_aux.htm

Cheers
Gadgetjq
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Ipod to car

Postby BadAngel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Gadgetjq wrote:
BadAngel wrote:I am looking for a way to put my ipod in the car.

BA,

One option that'll let you use your steering wheel control for volume (but nothing else) is a TOY-03 module. You simply plug it into the back of your JBL system then connect a standard female stereo jack to the module. Plug your I-Pod into that.

The module works through the 'disk' channel on your car radio.
Installation instructions here: http://www.gadgetjq.com/solara/audio_aux.htm

Cheers

oh, thats interesting, i may look into that.... but as of right now i am beginning to look into replacing the HU. Thanks though!
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

I-Simple

Postby red2002solara » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 am

I have the JBL 6 cd changer in my Solara. I bought the I-Simple device from Best Buy and had them do the installation. The device lets you control the I-Pod from the steering wheel controls. I had them route the cord to the glove box, where I keep the I-Pod. The only downside is that the I-simple doesn't have the capability of displaying the song titles on the stereo, but otherwise the device works great.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

I-Simple Went I-Kaput

Postby red2002solara » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am

So last week my I-Pod adapter, the I-Simple, started doing some funny things. All of the sudden I was getting a lot of distortion coming in through the speakers with the music. Then, leaving my folks house, I turned on my stereo to play my I-Pod, and no music is coming through now. My tape deck, CD, and radio features still all work. It's just the I-Simple that no longer is transmitting the music. I'm very disappointed as I only had this for less than a year.

I'm debating whether to take it to Best Buy, where I had it installed, to have them look at it and fix it. I'm hesitant because I installed a Parrot Bluetooth kit a couple months ago and have loss faith in the big chains' installation departments. I may take it to the aftermarket outfit where I had the Parrot installed (since they definitely know what they are doing) and have them look at it and try to fix it. For now, it looks like I'm back to using CDs.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ctsolara12 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:03 pm

I would take it back if I were you.

I installed a usaspec TOY-15 with radio text display and ability to use controls. It has been working great and I do not in any way regret the purchase. It has both ipod capability and an additional aux input. I'd reccomend it if you end up getting a replacement.

Hopefully it's not to late to return it. It gets ugly when you have to deal with manufacturers warranty :-?
ctsolara12
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Under Warranty

Postby red2002solara » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:30 am

The I-Simple is still under warranty, so that I'm not worried about. It's just that I'm worried that they may screw up my Parrot system somehow when fixing the I-Simple. I just don't trust them anymore. The techs seem to only have rudenmentary knowledge of what they are doing and they don't seem to care. I'd rather pay the money to have it fixed at Soundwerks knowing they'll do a good job.

OR....maybe my I-Simple will magically begin working again. Oh, and it's no longer charging my i-pod when plugged in.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5