[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MP3 + Factory Audio
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

MP3 + Factory Audio

MP3 + Factory Audio

Postby mike80 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:31 am

Hello everyone!!! :D I'm a total newbie on this topic:

I'd like to get an MP3 player and connect it to my car directly. Possibly so that I could control it through the factory audio console. Please reply how you would do somth. like that or what configuration works for you (which player, port adapter ..., who can install it).

looking for options :)

Thank you all 8)
mike80
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:55 am

I notice that you are new. so first things first. Welcome.

Try doing a search. Also, try telling us important information, like which radio you have. Do you have the JBL system, the navigation, or the base model stereo? What year is your car?

But thanks for posting and I hope we can help.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:11 am

What year/model Solara do you have? Do you have the JBL head unit?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah man... you haven't introduced yourself yet.
Assuming you're starting with a JBL in a Gen2...
You can get a cable to plug in the back of your headunit. If it's an Ipod, you can pay some more to get one that adds control so you can work it from the steering wheel.
Or you can swap for a Gen2.5 head unit from ebay and have MP3 CDs.

Check out the tutorial section for AUX2Car. Pretty much all the cable you'd find out there will install like that. Simple and quick.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Intro

Postby mike80 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:51 pm

philosophicaljt wrote:I notice that you are new. so first things first. Welcome.

Try doing a search. Also, try telling us important information, like which radio you have. Do you have the JBL system, the navigation, or the base model stereo? What year is your car?

But thanks for posting and I hope we can help.

Thank you for the welcome note!

I have an 06 SE with a base model stereo, that's it. Sorry for missing that part in my post. Also, I do not have an Ipod nor any other MP3 player, so I wanted to see what is the most optimal way to get MP3s with my "base" :) configuration.
mike80
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Easy. Buy a new headunit. If you don't want to do that, there are numerous universal toyota input adapters that should work with that radio.

I would seriously consider a new headunit that includes HD radio. It rocks.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Donnie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Welcome to SG. Get some pics up man. Personally I'd get a new HU. I picked up a nice one, HD, mp3 and front load usb. I keep an 8G stick in it and dont remember the last time I had to hear a comercial.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Replacing Head Unit

Postby mike80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am

Guys, thank you all for replies.

Donnie wrote:Welcome to SG. Get some pics up man. Personally I'd get a new HU. I picked up a nice one, HD, mp3 and front load usb. I keep an 8G stick in it and dont remember the last time I had to hear a comercial.

Donnie, I like your recommendation. What HU did you get (make/model)? Who installed it? Do you have a pic of how it looks inside the car?

I'll upload my pics soon.

P.S.
Being able to load mp3s from a USB drive or an SD card actually sounds much better to me than getting an IPOD!
mike80
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Donnie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:11 pm

I looked all over North Nashville and couldn't find a front load USB and the last place to look was Electronic Express. They had 2 JVC's which is what I wanted on display and 1 Kenwood but didn't have a one of them in stock. so the last one was a DUAL and having the S for a whole week with a nasty old regular cd player I had to have something. Turns out it's not a bad unit.
I'm not sure which harness you'll need but I'm sure some of the newer S owner's can help on that. I paid the guy at Elex Xpress 50.00 to install it. Took about 1/2 hour. I didn't go with a major system in the S because the one in my truck has cost me about 1/2 my hearing.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3018564
Yeah I'm one of those guys that believe if it's too loud, you're too old.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:32 pm

cable/adaptor to hookup factory stereo is around 50~100 bucks
a new stereo system, 150.
why don't u get a new one? since most new junky stereos are equal or better than factory stereo
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5