[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - tapping into factory speaker wires
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

tapping into factory speaker wires

tapping into factory speaker wires

Postby mcinque103 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:26 am

i was just wondering what color wires were + and - for the front door and rear deck speakers in my 2007 solara coupe w/o jbl. i'm going to change out the speakers and i want to make sure i do it right.
thanks
mcinque103
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:47 am

negative will have some sort of black strip or stripe on it.. that or itll be the darker one
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mcinque103 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:44 pm

i didn't think it would be that simple. i've had some cars that the darker wire was the positive on the factory harness.
mcinque103
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 pm

well i mean to double check just check out the speakers in your trunk, figure out the wire color there..
02 SLE V6

redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 am

use a 9v battery to pop the speaker.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoBu » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 am

Isn't there a kit that allows you to plug after market speakers into the stock wiring harness? I thought there would be something out there along those lines.

Cheers,

Joe
I hope that when I die, people will say of me, "Gee, that guy sure owed me a lot of money"... J. Handy

'04 Solara SE Coupe (I-4, 5M)
JoBu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:35 am

never heard of it.. but its literally 2 wires... not a hard task to figure out which is which
02 SLE V6

redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoBu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 am

Often audio shops will have clips to fit specific manufactuer's cars. Simply a clip on one end and two wires on the other. They are usually inexpensive (a few bucks) and preclude the owner from cutting the factory harness. This makes it nice if you plan to remove your aftermarket system and reinstall the stock system when you are trading in your car.

Shoot...putting in speakers into any car has to easier than repalcing the Bose (YUCK) system in my C-4 Vette. Not that was a pain. Even the on-line tech from Crutchfield told me that he knew of no more difficult job (he and I were on the phone quite a few times...LOL).

Cheers,

Joe
I hope that when I die, people will say of me, "Gee, that guy sure owed me a lot of money"... J. Handy

'04 Solara SE Coupe (I-4, 5M)
JoBu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5