[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Thanks to everyone for their help ... got a new system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Thanks to everyone for their help ... got a new system

Thanks to everyone for their help ... got a new system

Postby surgeandsettle » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 am

a sincere thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions

I ended up going with a pair of alpine 6x9's in the door and a pair in the rear quarter-panels of my convertible ---- these speakers are powered up by a Profile 4-channel amp
to save space and keep it simple, I added a 200W 10" powered sub by Infinity --- it ROCKS

the system sounds light years better than what I had before ... the installer at Sound Advice (Clearwater, FL) did a great job of tuning it and I now have more audio power than I've EVER had ..... already getting looks from the neighbors, so I'll have to turn it way down within a few blocks of my house
:lol:
surgeandsettle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:31 am

pretty nice. Infinity's are good.
just make sure you don't get cited for noise pollution ;)
enjoy!
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 pm

congrats! wait till the alpines break in, they will sound better and more open!
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby surgeandsettle » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 am

did not realize that they "break in" like a baseball glove ... LOL

when my radio is turned off I can hear a faint buzzing sound coming from the rear [the 200w powered sub, I am assuming]

Is this normal?
Should I take it back to the installer and have him fix it if it's not normal?
What will he need to do in order to fix it?
surgeandsettle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:11 pm

congrats on the setup...did u have to make any modifications on the door to get the alpines to fit?

also, if u could post a link on where to find these speakers i'd appreciate it. i dont feel like making spacers for a new pair lol
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Garrryyunit » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 pm

nice setup.. i myself am getting a profile amp. They look cheap and is light on your wallet, but they work very well. :] My cousin is giving me his dual 300W subwoofer. He is also wiring it for me.

Later on, im planning to go with the polk audios that have momo design. :] they run at 250 a pair for the 6 1/2 and 180 for the 6x9 for my solara.

dvdchris, if you want, go to crutchfield.com. They have good service and one of thee lowest prices on the internet. :]
Photo My Car

2002 Solara SE - Sold
1992 Civic VX - Current
2003 S2000 - Current
Garrryyunit
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

where I got the stuff

Postby surgeandsettle » Thu May 01, 2008 9:31 am

I bought the Alpine speakers from Crutchfield --- for a couple reasons

1) they are an authorized dealer ... so if anything happens, I didn't want to get "stuck" by buying them from a cheaper place such as onlinecarstereo.com [who has the best prices I've found]

2) their pre-sales customer support is the best --- worth spending a few extra dollars to know that you're getting it "right" ... especially for a guy like me who this was a learning experience for

I did buy the Profile 4-channel am on an eBay store --- guy has a "buy it now" deal for $81 + $19 for shipping

as for my Alpine 6x9's, I don't think that the installer had to cut anything ... but it did take him about 1 hr and 15 min on each door to remove and install them
here's where I bought them --- they're in the crutchfield outlet for a pretty good deal
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 69C2&tp=91

and here's where I got the pair of 6.5" alpines:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 17C2&tp=95

bought the sub from a dealer in Miami who had it shipped out the same day and it arrived at my house the next day! [ground!!!]
surgeandsettle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5