[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - big 3- need help finding 2ga wire
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

big 3- need help finding 2ga wire

big 3- need help finding 2ga wire

Postby lemmez » Sun May 04, 2008 11:10 pm

Im going to be installing the big3 this week (to stop the hissing noise from installing a 4 ch amp with stock hu). Where can i buy the 2ga wire locally? ie: best buy, compusa, radio shack, etc.
lemmez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby BadAngel » Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 am

uhm... when i was looking for some to install my subwoofer and amp, of all of the places listed, the only place that even came close to having what i wanted was Circuit city... they had a couple of kits, but they were all like 4 awg wire... they had SOME 2 awg wire, but nothing near long enough for what i wanted. To run a wire from the battery all the way down the driver side, and across the back seats (my amplifier is mounted to the back of the rear passenger seat) i needed 21 feet, and circuit city was selling it in like 6 foot lengths so you can see where this is going. I ended up buying mine on on ebay for a great price and it came in like 3 days...

Red:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AWG-Gauge-Red-Tsu ... 18Q2el1247

Blue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AWG-Gauge-Blue-Ts ... 18Q2el1247

Silver:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AWG-Gauge-Silver- ... 18Q2el1247
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon May 05, 2008 7:33 pm

good luck local without being taken...
here is where i get mine..

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=100-180
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:02 pm

is 4awg wire sufficient for the big 3 upgrade? what wire is in there now, it doesn't really look very thick. i have 4awg wire running to my amp right now and i think it's plenty, but im not sure if its enough for the alt/battery connections.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby corlon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:49 pm

what is the big 3?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:33 am

alternator
battery and power/ground cables.