[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need Advice - Purchasing new GPS
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Need Advice - Purchasing new GPS

Need Advice - Purchasing new GPS

Postby Zedster » Sat May 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi guys

I am trying to purchase a new in-dash gps unit for my 04 Solara. I have a few questions. I know most, if not all, of these questions have probably been answered already, but I had trouble finding the info I wanted, so if you can answer me or at least point me to the right thread it'll be great! Questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to get any of the GPS units to work with my current steering wheel remote? What would I need to make it work?

2. Is there any brand recommendations? I'm thinking of getting the Eclipse AVN 6620 with a bluetooth kit.

3. Is there any unicode support for any gps units? Or is it possible to alter it so it can display unicode (Asian) characters?

4. I'd like to get the factory nav dash, is there any recommended places for it?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance!
Zedster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby [SMAN] » Sat May 17, 2008 10:28 pm

1. there are all sorts of adapters for every brand of aftermarket stereo.

2. Eclipse is good, i'm a kenwood person myself

3. No idea as i've never seen that before, you might need to buy an asian data disc.

4. talk to reggie abotu it, i got mine from him.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Zedster » Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Who's Reggie? (Sorry, new here)
Zedster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Wed May 21, 2008 1:34 am

if you get a new eclipse model (i have a 5510) it comes with a plug for ur steering wheel controls so u just plug that in and ur good to go

i think eclipse is good, clean, i love mine

if you find anything on the asian character stuff i would love to know also ^ ^

and factory nav trim u can get from dealership or PM reggie....he is nvdis1 i think is his exact s/n....he works for a toyota dealership and get us parts for cheaper ;)
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5