[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Farewell to a fallen soldier
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

What subs are built the strongest?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 am

Memphis
No votes
Kicker
67%
JL
25%
Pioneer
No votes
Xplode
8%
MTX
No votes

Total votes : 12

Farewell to a fallen soldier

Postby System_Crash » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am

I bought the amp on E-bay for $160 reconditioned from the factory, It's the best bang for the buck deffinitly, wish it had more equlizers on it but meh
only thing I don't like is the blue light on it is bright enough to light up the ENTIRE inside of the car if placed right
Thanks allshownogo I'll check them out
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby redgen1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:08 am

System_Crash wrote:I bought the amp on E-bay for $160 reconditioned from the factory, It's the best bang for the buck deffinitly, wish it had more equlizers on it but meh
only thing I don't like is the blue light on it is bright enough to light up the ENTIRE inside of the car if placed right
Thanks allshownogo I'll check them out

glad to hear it - no one else i know runs one, had to find out if you were as satisfied as me since theyre relatively unknown
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 00-solara » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am

I have 2 10 CVX's and they are pretty nice.
I had a 10 L7 before and I kept blowing leads on it they've since reworked the design.
I like the CVX's but i'm thinking of downgrading to a factory sounding dual 8 set up.
They're only powered by a kicker 400.1 so they're underpowered but I wouldn't want it any other way.
I've also heard some good stuff about DD subs as allshownogo stated.
Last edited by 00-solara on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Solara SE Diamond White Pearl: 4300K HIDs, Sony H/U, Infinity Kappa 60.5, 693.5i, Two Kicker CVX 10"
00-solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby QuickSEV6 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 am

redgen1 wrote:quick you always rave about those diamonds :) i've never heard one though... i wouldnt know

Diamond Audio says:
At Diamond Audio we are always striving to be the best. And when you already build the HEX series, the most critically acclaimed speaker systems available for the automobile, this can be a very challenging goal to achieve.

Our new HEX Pro takes everything we have ever learned about loudspeaker development to a whole new level. We start with an improved version of our award winning HEX Cone and our patented TDX Technology and combine that with the new Pro crossover for the very best speaker system ever offered for the mobile environment. Period!

Conventional speakers use large ceramic magnets surrounding the voice coil. These magnets retain heat. TDX™ motors use a small but very efficient neodymium magnet mounted inside the voice coil and are nearly 5 times more efficient than conventional designs. In conjunction with the motor design, TDX™ Technology utilizes a die-cast aluminum basket that helps to act as a heat sink for the encapsulated motor structure. This makes for the most advanced cooling process of any speaker available.

The HEX Pro sets a new benchmark in performance. With extremely low distortion, incredible accuracy and high thermal power handling. These speakers truly have no equal.

These speakers outperform everybody. They are also very exclusive. You won't find them at Car Toys or Best Buy or Circuit City.

I can't say enough good things about them.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby redgen1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:56 am

yeah i read about them haha - money
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:13 pm

ALPINE!... i have a 10 inch alpine dual voice coil Type S and its AMAZING... (plus u can get them one ebay for surprisingly cheap
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 5sfe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm

BOSE....BOOOSSEE
5sfe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Image Dynamics IDMAX or the Alpine Type-X
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota