[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Harness
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Harness

Harness

Postby BadAngel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Well, the time has come for me to buy my new headunit and all of the damn parts i need to install it.... the only thing i need is a harness that will plug into the pre- existing plug and give me bare wires so that i don't need to cut the existing harness up and ruin the car...

I have a 2004 with the stock JBL system
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 pm

i have harness....but i got it for my non-jbl to hook up to navi....
if u think it will work let me know
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:32 am

O.O, i have the JBL so i dun think that would work... what i need is basically the plug thats in the back of the head unit, but with wires coming out of the other end, so i can plug it into the harness in the car, and then be able to connect the wires to the new headunit
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 pm

ill take a pic of it later for u
it sounds the same as what ur describing

its the wire harness for the speakers correct?
anyways ill get some pics for u after work
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 pm

uhhh its not really for the speakers... i just need it for the power, remote, illumination, and such... Its because i was going to buy the Sosche thing that turns the speaker leades into RCA's and re-uses the amp
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Will1111 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:41 am

The wiring harness that you are looking for, i could not find to buy.
The install kit that I purchased came with a non-JBL pig tail and it does not fit. I called Crutchfield to get one and they don't carry one.
So I ran a fused wire back from the battery for the yellow wire, tapped the cigarette lighter for the red switched wire, then hooked ground up to the bolt, top left, that you will see after the stock head unit is removed.
Will1111
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby System_Crash » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Can't you just pickup the wiring harness addapter from wallmart?
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5