[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Scosche-TA07SR Question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Scosche-TA07SR Question

Scosche-TA07SR Question

Postby BadAngel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Well, Crutchfield says this part will fit in my car (2004), but scosche says it will not. I think it will infact fit, because you can put a 2007 JBL head unit in a 2004 Solara. This should work, correct?
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah it should work i think. There have been several threads on this stuff. Consult sebas and his kenwood navigation install and you can see his thoughts on the adapter he used.
Last edited by [SMAN] on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:17 am

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=36671&start=36

Read the discussion I got with Zogg.

Bottom line, I'm still got problem with it. I will verify if the wire are correctly plug but I'm almost sure at 99% that I will have to remove the JBL interface adapter and plug it directly with the METRA 70-8117

Zogg wrote:The kit has 2 cables, one for power and one for the speaker wiring. The speaker harness plugs into the existing speaker harness you unplug from the JBL amp, so that now you are bypassing the JBL amp. It has 17 feet of wiring that you route to your stereo. No RCA plugs unfortunately, just bare wires, but my Kenwood came with RCA jacks and wires so I just connected up to the wires. The sub output uses only RCA though so I need to get some connectors from Radio Shack or somewhere.

The power cable is short and plugs into the connector that used to go into your factory radio, where the JTA is connected now. It has only 4 wires for power, ACC, ground, and power for the antenna amp.

I just did a quick "twist the wires and tape them up" test yesterday, but last night I cut the main harness to length and soldered up the wires yesterday inside at the workbench. I'm going to install it all today hopefully. I also read in the Kenwood manual how to turn on/off the subwoofer amp so I hope that it's off and that's why it didn't work.

Regards,
Z

I will let you know...but all I heard about those interface adapter is crap.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby BadAngel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:33 am

yeahhhhh i have read this thread before. i have also done some research on the net, and i keep finding mixed responses. Some people seem to love the thing, while others find it to be total crap... i dunno exactly what i want to do...
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5