[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dynamat
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Dynamat

Dynamat

Postby potaru01 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:31 am

I have two 12's in my solara and they hit pretty hard and the solara does a good job with the rattle, but I want to install Dynamat to get the cleanest sound possible has anyone installed it and how well does it work
potaru01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 am

a lot of the guys on here have done it, check out this stuff called "b-quiet" on google...

its cheaper then dynamat, like 75-80$ for 50 sq feet. i used it and it worked really well for me.

its not a hard job to do, but to do it correctly expect to spend a lil time on it.
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby QuickSEV6 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:17 am

I've got it!

Works very well too.

I give it two thumbs up.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 am

Dynomatt is a quality product, but your gonna pay a premium price. After all the reviews out there, two companies stand out. E-dead from elemental designs and brown bread from b-quiet. Both of these usualy offer the most bang for your buck. I went with edead for 2 cars and it came out great. Check the sticky in the tutorials section and you'll see.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby behrozec34 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:23 pm

The main concern is the rear brake light. It accounts for about 90% of the rattles that come from the subs. Id recommend finding a solution for that first, then decide if you want to do more.
behrozec34
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby AllShowNoGo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:03 pm

^^^^I have your solution put a strip of dynamat under the spoiler, worked for me. As for products i have a role both dynamat extreme and B quiet sitting in my room (not too much of a difference except in price). Personally I used over 100 square feet of b quiet through out my car.

Best bang for your buck is removing the rear deck panel and layering it with foam. Especially where the back panel meets your window.
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby gone » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:08 pm

im getting dynomat installed this week. ive only heard good things about this product and will be able to be the judge when i get my car back lol
gone
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am

06toyo chick wrote:im getting dynomat installed this week. ive only heard good things about this product and will be able to be the judge when i get my car back lol
Damn gurl - where you been hiding lately?!! :o
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby gone » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 pm

PXLpainter wrote:
06toyo chick wrote:im getting dynomat installed this week. ive only heard good things about this product and will be able to be the judge when i get my car back lol
Damn gurl - where you been hiding lately?!! :o

hahah im backkkkkk
gone
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am

I got my entire trunk, underneath the spoiler, rear fenders, spare tire area, rear tray and even my rear view mirror Dynamated.

I totally vouch for Dynamat but you'll pay a premium price for it (I got it done as a gift from my cousin). Alternatively... e-dead, raamat, and damplifier are also quality products you can try.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:04 am

sound deadening helps the car acoustics a lot. ive got two layers on the door

but i use the cascade stuff not the dynamat.

either way, stuff makes everything quieter but also heavier too unless it doesnt matter .
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5