[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara GPS Navigation In Corolla?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Solara GPS Navigation In Corolla?

Solara GPS Navigation In Corolla?

Postby LouGPS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone here would know with certainty if the 2008 Solara navigation unit would work okay in my 2009 Corolla.

My Corolla does not have JBL audio, but I am aware that I can purchase an amplifier and harness to make it work, if the other connections are fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
LouGPS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 am

Being that I don't have a Nav system nor a brand spanking new Corolla I can't comment on whether or not you can swap out or if there'd be fitment issues. However, I would like to comment that adding a JBL stock setup from scratch will lead you into deep thoughts of suicide. The Toyota JBL amps shuts down completely when it sees one signal or load as not being right and getting help ain't gonna be easy. The prevailing thought when it comes to upgrading the headunit is to completely go aftermarket for 4 simple reasons. 1) It's usually cheaper 2) You'll get more options 3) You can easily add-on to it down the road and 4) You are guaranteed to get better sound, which is thee utmost importance. Adding a JBL from scratch just seems too long of an approach for upgrading. So IF you did install the stock Toyota JBL-Nav setup, you can't upgrade it and also I'm quite sure some thought is needed on whether the Corolla's stock speakers can handle the relationship with the JBL amp and vice versa.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby boaclub923 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:15 pm

um.. fitting solara's nav onto corolla, and upgrade corolla's stereo system
that sounds like a big money.
why dont' u just upgrade ur corolla's stereo to Eclipse Nav?
750 off from ebay, that's about the same price to do transfer
but u get to keep both nav system

FYI, toyota use Eclipse nav system, so they have almost identical interface
just let u know that if that's the reason why u want to keep factory's nav
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby philosophicaljt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:07 pm

try oemvalue.com

great site and very helpful.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search