[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer AVH p4000 DVD Question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer AVH p4000 DVD Question

Pioneer AVH p4000 DVD Question

Postby Africandude » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi

My name is Joe
My Friend has a Solara and wants to upgrade her Factory stereo
to a Pioneer AVH p4000 Dvd

I have one in my Chevy Trailblazer and did the installation my self fairly
easily. Im sure that i can put it in my friends Solara but
I just wanted to know if anyone has installed one of these and if anything besides a dash kit,wire harness and antenna adapter is needed for installation.

Thanks
Africandude
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Africandude » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 pm

well could someone tell me if that's all i would need for any Double Din Stereo?
Africandude
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Well, second generation Solara's 2004-on have double DIN factory radios and aftermarket units might fit faily easy. Do a search on the forum for your friend's Solara (assuming your friend's is a Gen2). I'm sure you'll find some info (some other Pioneer units have been installed by members).
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Black Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

If she has the JBL option be mindful that the most of the wires you see in the dash are coming from the JBL amp and not straight from the speakers--you're going to have to bypass the amp. That's a nice looking head unit though.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5