[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - backup camera wiring ?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

backup camera wiring ?

backup camera wiring ?

Postby PearlSLE » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Hello , I have a 2006 with stock DVD navi and would like to install a backup camera. What type of wiring is required ? Thanks. :)
PearlSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Assuming that a rear backup camera is even an option on that factory unit, It is a matter of finding a reverse signal (a +12V source when the car is in reverse). This can easily be found at either one of the reverse lights at the rear of the car.

That wire will need to be run to both the camera, as well as the head unit. You'll also be running a single RCA from the camera up to the head unit which will carry the video signal.

Its really not a comlicated process so long as your head unit is "rear camera ready"
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby linmk2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm

About a year and half ago I installed an Eclipse BEC105 camera to my factory nav system. It was very easy to do. The wire runs from the camera to the rear of the radio. You simply plug the end into the radio and that's it. Nothing else to do. A very simple and worthwhile upgrade.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dvdchris45 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 pm

linmk2 wrote:About a year and half ago I installed an Eclipse BEC105 camera to my factory nav system. It was very easy to do. The wire runs from the camera to the rear of the radio. You simply plug the end into the radio and that's it. Nothing else to do. A very simple and worthwhile upgrade.

yup. the end. lol
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PearlSLE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Great guys . Thanks . sounds pretty easy. :P
PearlSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member