[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Issues with the stock JBL / Sirius
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Issues with the stock JBL / Sirius

Issues with the stock JBL / Sirius

Postby Tunaboy1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 am

I have a 2007 Solara Conv, with the stock JBL deck and Sirius from Toyota. The system has been very problematic. The Sirius only comes on half the time. (not related to lost signal, just will not come on). I took it to Toyota and they said there were not any issues. Has anyone else seen this one?

Also, the AUX button stopped working, so now I have to use the FM transmit for the Ipod.

I'm thinking it's time to junk the radio and go aftermarket.

Two questions;

Have other folks had as many problems with the JBL?
How have the experiences been with adding an aftermarket radio? The head unit takes up so much space, I have been hesitant to change, but the radio is crazy making. Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated
Tunaboy1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mcinque103 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 pm

my solara didn't have the jbl, so i can't speak for that but i did just change my HU. it wasn't too hard to do. i spent about $320 for mine from crutchfield and it came with the wire harness adapter and the face plate to go around the new HU to make it look like it belongs there. I also got an adapter so i could still use the steering wheel controles. the new hu has built in bluetooth and ipod controles. i did a post here about the install http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=42214
mcinque103
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Sweet

Postby Tunaboy1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 am

Checked out your setup. It looks great. How has it performed for you? any issues so far?
Tunaboy1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:03 am

Sounds like connection issues. Dealerships aren't equipped with service people smart enough to figure this out... or they're just too lazy! :roll:

My money is on loose connectors in the back of the unit if BOTH the Sirius and Aux aren't working.

Lemme know if you take it out and wanna get rid of the JBL HU though - looking for an 07! :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

HU

Postby Tunaboy1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Worthy of a looksee. I'll check into it. If I do replace the unit, I'll save the head unit for you. It may not be until christmas time though.
Tunaboy1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Take it to another Toyota Dealer, this dealership sounds like they don't care. Which is strange being they're all hurting for income right now--be it warranty or non-warranty. OR talk to Toyota customer service and tell them about the problems. My 2¢.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby mcinque103 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

i've been very happy with it so far. once i figured out how to adjust everything, its sounding great.
mcinque103
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby liltimmy1313 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:37 am

yea, i agree with pxl, it sounds alot like some crappy wiring.

And havent had any problems with mine, in fact, i love mine.

Check out Clarion, they got some double din, 6 disc changer cd receivers for pretty cheap.
2004 Toyota Solara V6 SLE, stock

but not for long :D

http://liltimmy1313.deviantart.com/art/ ... R-97881991
liltimmy1313
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5