[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pac steering wheel adapter question and head unit advice
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pac steering wheel adapter question and head unit advice

Pac steering wheel adapter question and head unit advice

Postby Wife's-Solara » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm

I know there are a couple of you guys that installed the Pac steering control adapter and that it works. My question is that "is there a delay when you press a button on the steering and the radio response."

I've read some reviews online (not neccessarily from Solara owners) and they said that there is about a 1 to 1.5 second delay from when you press a button on the steering to the radio's reaction.

Example, if you press the next track button, you'd have to hold it down atleast 1 second for it to respond. At times they said that if you hold it too long, it'll scroll thru the songs really fast.

The same some said with the volume control. I know on the stock head unit, one tap will move the volume one notch.

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

Also, this is the head unit I'm considering:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... UB&tp=5684

Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

My budget is no more than $250 with the Pac adapter with tax & shipping and handling.

I want a head unit that has an ipod controller built in and a USB adapter for those thumb drives.

I couldn't find a search function on this site so if this has been posted before, I apologize.

Go easy on the noob :D
Wife's-Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:31 am

theres a chance that with a harness u can keep your steering wheel controls
i know its not the same but my eclipse nav that i got had a connector built into the harness that fit perfectly with my steering wheel controls and so i didn't need additional equipment
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:05 am

There is a delay if you use the swi-X that uses the infrared light to control headunits. If you get the one that plugs into the remote jack on the back, there should be less delay.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mcinque103 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:07 pm

a few weeks ago i installed a pac swi ps in my solara. its for pioneer or sony hu's. there is a slight delay when you press the steering wheel buttons. its not a long delay...less than a second, but w/ the factory radio when you push a button on the steering wheel its instantaneous.
mcinque103
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5