[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Suggested Stereo Components.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Suggested Stereo Components.

Suggested Stereo Components.

Postby liltimmy1313 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Hey, lookin to see how much a new stereo set up would cost me. I been lookin all around and cant find jack about which components are good and which. Also, apart from what crutchfield tells me "fits my car" and i what i have assumed through poking around, i have no clue what size speakers go where.

I m just lookin to replace the stereo (want multi disc, preferably double din) and the speakers, i dont really want any extra components in the trunk. Maybe, if it is extremely beneficial, i would consider putting new speakers on the sides of the backseat, like under the rear windows.

Any ideas, and/or suggestions?
2004 Toyota Solara V6 SLE, stock

but not for long :D

http://liltimmy1313.deviantart.com/art/ ... R-97881991
liltimmy1313
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gEkAe818 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:25 am

jl audio zr series are sick very pricey but worth it also some focal's i have jl zr650-csi's in my lexus and sound ridiculous. if you don't to go that high end go with some alpine type r 's
gEkAe818
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:29 am

1.pretty much anything will fit into the dash, (single/double din sizes.)
we have enough room for a small animal back there if we want.

2.I havent seen multidisc indash changers outside of OEM equipment.

best bet would be look for a double din thats compatible with ipod or a mp3 player/hard drive.

but check out alpine pioneer eclipse kenwood and even clarion if you are tight on budget. cheers
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5