[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CD player for 04 Solara SLE
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CD player for 04 Solara SLE

CD player for 04 Solara SLE

Postby rsolara » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:26 am

I need to know if the Audio "CD Changer/MP3 /Radio" on a 2008 Solara can be installed on a 2004 Solara SLE....
My factory CD player on my 04 Solara SLE is not working...I found a system on Ebay, but it's from a 2008 model which has the MP3 player..So I was wondering if I can use this system on 04 Solara....Please help me with this issue...Thanks..
rsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:14 am

First of all welcome to SG.

It all depends on what you currently have in your 04 SLE model.

Several others and myself have done this. But I had a stock 6 Disc JBL in dash changer already, the gen 2.5 ('07 & 08 models) had mp3 support, aux, and bluetooth. Direct swap. If you want the bluetooth support, you'll need to purchase the additional bluetooth adapter, I'm sure it's available, but may not be worth it. I only wanted the mp3 & aux support.

Also, the backlit of the gen 2.5 stock HU will be a washed-out sky blue color instead of the bright green that is in the Gen 2.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm moving this to the correct section also.

Merry Christmas!

-Michael T. 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby rsolara » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 am

Thank you michaels for your reply...I currently have the original system "JBL 6 CD/Tape/Radio system"

Can you tell me about the AUX...Do I need to get an adapter or how do I do the connection from my Ipod ?

Thanks
rsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:07 am

rsolara wrote:Thank you michaels for your reply...I currently have the original system "JBL 6 CD/Tape/Radio system"

Can you tell me about the AUX...Do I need to get an adapter or how do I do the connection from my Ipod ?

Thanks

^^^ If you have trouble with that approach, I have my '04 JBL 6-disk unit just sitting in my basement collecting dust. I believe it is a direct swap, if I read your post correctly.

PM if you would be interested in it.

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5