[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Audio Adventures
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Audio Adventures

Audio Adventures

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm

All right, since i like how Crisp went about posting the progress of his stereo install, i think ill do the same. Anyway, I'm not dead set on whats in store for my car, but i have done some major work to the stereo system to date. I figure its best to start by explaining exactly what i have done.

Originally i had the JBL 6 disk CD changer, and i have since ripped out the head unit and stock amplifier. I re routed all of the wires directly to my head unit VIA a metra amp bypass. I kept all of the stock speakers, and wired the tweeters in with the fronts(without a crossover because I plan to rip all that out soon so i don't care if the tweeters get damaged. Plus it sounds fine)
I have an Alpine MDR-M605 600watt RMS amp powering a single Alpine S time 10 inch sub 300 watt RMS.

I plan to rip out all of the stock speakers and replace them with higher quality ones, and power them from separate amps. (one for fronts one for rears)

As for audio equipment that i have laying around, i have An A/D/S/ PQ10 and and A/D/S/ PQ 10.2 which i plan to use for the fronts and backs. I also have an Alphasonik A-501E (50 watts per channel @ 4 ohms 2 channels) and a Sony XM-2540 which i have no idea weather or not works.

Ill post up pics soon.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 pm

awesome... I have a TIS 700 watt amp and two jenson 12's in a bandpass box.... Now all i need to do is figure out a way to keep the box from sliding around in my trunk :(
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 pm

i may have a solution for you... lemme post a pic of how i got mine to stay in...:

Okay if you look at the top of my sub enclosure, you'll see a shiny black thing... what it is, is a piece of wood covered in electrical tape(i know kinda jerry rigged but it works well) it servers as a wedge between the top of the trunk and the box and holds it in place perfectly...

if that won't work for you, i suggest Velcro.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby unbalancedwood » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 pm

or you build custom to fit perfectly
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 am

for quick and dirty i would use the shelf liner foam stuff..

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... age=family

I would put that under the sub box and it would keep in in place unless it was a hard corner.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:20 am

cant wait to hear about the new equipment
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby redgen1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:21 am

my original box has the same problem, i put 3 small wood screws through the carpet into the pressboard cover for the spare, then put velcro on the bottom of the box. and it was a 4 port rockford bandpass for 12's (like 45 lbs w/o speakers) and that stopped it from sliding)

theeen i went for the snug fit custom fiberglass :)
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 am

Good start! Sounds like the equipment is starting to line up... now the wiring, install, and performance results report! :D

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 am

unbalancedwood wrote:or you build custom to fit perfectly

That's a pretty slick fit, wood!

(My box is heavy enough, and "tapered" with a "wider" base and doesn't move around WITHOUT any "anchoring"! I'll still be setting up SOME kind of "anchoring" as I "polish" the system install further...)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:50 pm

From the thread title.......I thought it was another Crisp exclusive piece.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:03 pm

AHAHAHA yeahhh... don't worry its basically gonna be his thread for my car xDDD i just haven't taken pics yet so im not gonna post ideas or anything just yet... gimmie a couple days
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm

LatinDragonXJC wrote:From the thread title.......I thought it was another Crisp exclusive piece.

Nah... the title CAPitAlIZATION is ToO conventIONal...

...that's always a good "hinT".

Wah ha ha ha!

GO ADVENTURE!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:53 pm

lawl.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm

OKAY well, i might as well start at the head unit.
I have the Premier(pioneer) FH-P800BT. Its a double din single CD player, It has ipod capability, as well as other AUX input. On top of that its Bluetooth compatible, meaning i can use a bluetooth audio player with it, as well as my phone. I really like the control it gives you over the equalization and basically everything. Its the first Ipod compatible head unit that has GOOD Ipod controls... lol i love alpine, but the alpine in my Porsche makes it a bitch to find songs... Anyway, i have its internal amp powering my stock front's and rears. I have the tweeters just wired in with the fronts (no crossover, because its temporary and sounds fine)
okay time for pics:

In the car:

With the car on:

Heres where i mounted the MIC for the Bluetooth phone function:

Now for the Sub setup.
I have a single Aline 10 inch type S sub (SWS-1043D) in a non ported box with dual four ohm voice coils wired for a 2 ohm input. Its 300 watts RMS 900 watts max. Powered by an Alpine MRD-M605 its 600 Watts RMS into two ohms and 400 Watts RMS into 4 ohms (obviously were using two ohm setups lol.. MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!) I think its 900 max in two ohms and 800 max in 4 ohms... don't quote me on that the manual doesn't specify. Anyway its all digital with built in crossover, bass EQ, gain, and other settings.

The Setup:

The SUB:

The AMP:
Yes its screwed to the back of the rear passenger seat.

AND FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES LOOK AT THIS:

Yes I'm a volunteer Fire Fighter lol...
I was bored sooooo yeah... As i'm sure most of you are, i cant stand wires hanging around. So i hard wired my Blue Light in, and put an Airplane toggle switch in to control it... hahaha classic...
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 am

LOVE the "JET-FIGHTER-SWITCH" setup!

(I have one of those in my Supra for the IGNITION start-button ACTIVATION circuit! Fun stuff!)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5