[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - speaker sizes for 05 solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

speaker sizes for 05 solara

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:56 pm

i think they fed you a load of BS. I have one of the first 04 models (sold in 03), it wasn't a custom order or anything, just a basic SE and the speakers say JBL over them. My father has an 05 4runner Sport, and it's not a premium system and his speakers say JBL too. On top of that, i have yet to see a factory installed 6.5" speaker in the front doors of a solara, camry, or 4 runner in years. They wouldn't make a whole new metal door frame just for a speaker.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

all jbl

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:19 pm

could be right, toyota does feed bs at times. but as far as the doors go, they are 6.5 round speakers...maybe it just depends on where you buy the car...the region i mean. because like i said, the laddy with the silver 05, her speakers are all generic, so it could be just and regional thing and what makes a car sell in certain areas. we'd have to ask the automaker it self to find out the overall answer to this one lol....i just want to know where to find some aftermarket 2inch...if anyone knows let me know, thanx
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: all jbl

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:34 pm

47TH_Ronin wrote:could be right, toyota does feed bs at times. but as far as the doors go, they are 6.5 round speakers...maybe it just depends on where you buy the car...the region i mean. because like i said, the laddy with the silver 05, her speakers are all generic, so it could be just and regional thing and what makes a car sell in certain areas. we'd have to ask the automaker it self to find out the overall answer to this one lol....i just want to know where to find some aftermarket 2inch...if anyone knows let me know, thanx

I've never seen 2 inch speakers before. Smallest i've seen was a set of 3.5" by infinity. There aren't full speakers up in the front dash grilles, they are just tweeters, and you can take them out, and attach new tweeters to the brackets. As for your rounds, i'm curios and i'd like to see more pictures of these and the brackets used to hold them inplace. Perhaps the dealership you purchased the car from had installed some sort of aftermarket speakers. btw, this is a coupe right? not a convertable?
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

jbl??

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 pm

yea, it is a 2 door se sport hard top. as for the things that hold the speakers in, they look exacly like the 6x9 holders, but are round. the hole in the door is oval though....like as if a 6x9 should be there. its preety wierd.
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5