[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - speaker sizes for 05 solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

speaker sizes for 05 solara

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:32 pm

hi, i couldn't find the sizes in any of these posts. i read one site that said the door speakers (non jbl system) were 6 1/2.....so i ordered 6 1/2. now however, after reading the post "6.75 speakers installed" im wondering if i got the wrong size?? also, the really small speakers up front on the dash, what size are those??
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Black Bob » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm

I thought the non-JBL setups also had 6x9's throughout. I never heard of 6.5's being in any stock Gen 2, I think you might've seen or heard about one of the members putting in aftermarket 6.5's after modding. On the off-chance I'm wrong in either case you're going to need an adapter ring/housing to fit the holes in your door and rear deck. I personally have NOT seen a drop-in replacement aftermarket speaker for the Gen 2's.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:22 pm

^x2 for the JBL coupe they do fit 6x9"s both front and back, but you will need to fab an adapter because the holes in the stock brackets are in f*d up locations. I don't think Toyota would custom make different sized holes in the doors and rear deck based on the option of JBL or not.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm

So:

non-JBL setup is 6.5" all around?
JBL setup is 6"x9" all around?
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:58 pm

non jbl here..

6x9 all around. might be wrong year..?
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm

see...thats the funny thing...i have the non jbl system, but my rea speakers are 6x9......i know they are stock because they say made in mexico and are paper lol. as for the front doors.....i havent figured out how to take the door pannels off to get to the speakers, any help with that would be great. also, what about the little speakers on the dash my the front window.....what size are those???
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:06 pm

on an off note.....say the speakers are all 6x9's....i bought 6.5 for the front doors........will those even fit?? and yea, need the size for the little speakers on the dash...thanx you guys...love the LARA community
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:15 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:20 pm

GzNutz wrote:Disassembly see pdf pg 11 or ed-10

http://cns-design.ru/files/solara/pdf/Engine%20Hood%20Door.pdf

Thanks!!!

47TH_Ronin wrote:on an off note.....say the speakers are all 6x9's....i bought 6.5 for the front doors........will those even fit?? and yea, need the size for the little speakers on the dash...thanx you guys...love the LARA community

It would, but only with the help of an adapter plate of 6"x9" with the center set for 6.5". Somebody here made one out of cardboard. With measurements you should be fine.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Several threads in this very topic heading cover this in great detail.

STOCK = 6x9 openings, but NOT simple drop-in (JBL or not)

MANY options for adapter plates, and anything is possible with a little patience and creativity. I've run BOTH 6x9 aftermarket in the doors and rear deck, AND 6.5" components in the front with adapters.

Read the other threads in this topic thoroughly, I'm sure you will get some ideas and insight!

G/L!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

ok....speaker size confirmed through toyota

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 am

on my 05 solara se sport non JBL set up....the front doors are 6 1/2 round speakers and the rears are 6x9 however, toyota coulnt tell me the size of the small tweeter looking speakers on the dash...aint that some crap. so if any of you guys know..do tell, if not, i think i'll just pull one out and run it to a radio shop!!
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Black Bob » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:55 am

^^^Wow, 6.5's for the front the non-JBL's, I wouldn't have thunk it! Either way, you're still gonna need to make or find an adapter to install ANY aftermarket speakers. If your setup does have the dash tweeters you can find the specs in the "Sticky" (it's always the first thread in this Gen2 Audio/Vid/Nav category).
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

this is gonna really twist your noggins lol

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 am

i just pulled my speakers out>>>>get this, i have the JBL speakers, but not the jbl system (ie no jbl amp, just the single disk player) figure that one out lol. all the speakers have the JBL logo on them hmmmm
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: this is gonna really twist your noggins lol

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

47TH_Ronin wrote:i just pulled my speakers out>>>>get this, i have the JBL speakers, but not the jbl system (ie no jbl amp, just the single disk player) figure that one out lol. all the speakers have the JBL logo on them hmmmm

It's all JBL, it's just JBL "premium" vs. JBL regular.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

all JBL??

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:45 pm

according to toyota and 3 other solara owners here in killeen that I called up and asked...there is a difference. laddy down the street from me has a silver 05 se sport, i looked at her 6x9's in the back and they have the "made in mexico" printed on them...same as her 2" tweets. this dude that works on base has an 06 sle w JBL, and his speakers have the JBL logo on em like mine. So i called toyota to try and figure it out ( just something i was really courious about) they told me that an SE model, reguardless if it is an se with sport package (the car is still considered just an SE for trade in and blue book, being the se sport was never made into an official model, just SE and SLE, unlike the pos corola and its SE , S, and LE) should only have the generic toyota brand 6x9's, not JBL being JBL is considered to be the upgrade. They think somewhere along the line of the car's birth, someone ordered the car to have the premium JBL and then didn't end up getting the car, so the speakers were left, but the amp and whatever corresponding items were removed for the $$$ value. Just telling what they told me.......what do you guys think?? lol also the 65mm tweets..were in the hell can you fine aftermarkets in that size. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5