[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CD player in my 2004 V6SE is dead...i have questions.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

CD player in my 2004 V6SE is dead...i have questions.

CD player in my 2004 V6SE is dead...i have questions.

Postby dronek1975 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Ok as stated, unit is dead, CD simply doesn't work, it's kind of OK since i was planning on replacing the unit to aftermarket anyway. So i have ordered Alpine CDE-9874 from crutfchfield.com along with face plate and wiring. My question is how can i make steering wheel buttons to work with new Alpine unit, I have heard there is some type of adapter to make it work but i'm clueless. Is there anything else i should be aware of when installing an aftermarket unit?
Thanks

P.S.

It's NOT JBL system i have since it's V6 SE i have "God knows what" brand in my car
dronek1975
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fzzyrn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:41 pm

you cant make them work as far as i know.
fzzyrn
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Taido » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Some aftermarket headunits don't do it even with an adapter. Looked your info up on crutchfield and nothing came up.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 am

If you want to add an aftermarket HU that does not have steering wheels options and you'd like to keep using your stock steering wheel controls, you'll need this.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=pac
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby dronek1975 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:19 pm

i think i will sacrifice buttons on the steering wheel to get new CD receiver, funny part now...i have already two packages at my house from crutchfield one with alpine CDE-9874 and pioneer DEH-2000MP both with wires and mounting face for a single DIN CD receiver. Friend of mine who owns the new Tundra just told me that single DIN receiver will not look good in this car so now i'm kind of leaning toward Double DIN CD receiver i like JVC KW-XG700 i think it would look more elegant while still be good as player mounted in silver aftermarket dash face that crutchfield provide for free. What do You guys think i should go with? I really need some advice...single DIN or double DIN and what brand is inexpensive and being good at the same time. Anyone with JVC in their car? I have 2004 V6 SE
Thanks
dronek1975
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Taido » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Mine is one of the least expensive single DIN headunits that Pioneer offers. http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=42554&highlight= It sounds great and offers a LOT more opportunity to fine tune the sound of your music even with just the stock speakers (two of which I'll be replacing here in the very near future. Haven't decided if I should put them in the back or in the doors though.

Pioneer TS-A932P's
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby dronek1975 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 am

nice speakers i've just found them on onlinecarstereo.com Somewhow Crutchfield won't let you get speakers that fit our car from their menu while onlinecarstereo has many at cheap prices. What should i look for when choosing the speakers for the door in terms of size...? Onlinecarstereo says speakers are 6X9inch with 4 inch depth for the door/front and 5 inch depth in the back. Would these fit in my door?....http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... ctID=18610
dronek1975
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5