[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Scion Headunit
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Scion Headunit

Scion Headunit

Postby ryhi » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 am

My buddy has an 08 Scion TC and has upgraded his radio to a navigation unit. I've noticed that his car has steering wheel controls for the radio almost identical to the Solara's controls. I want to install this into an 06 Solara SE (non JBL). Here are pictures I found online of the back of each unit.

SOLARA:

SCION:

It looks like it should be plug and play but I could be wrong. My main concern is that once installed, there is a chance the steering wheel controls will not work. Does anyone here have a Scion radio in their Solara or know if it will work properly if i were to install it?
ryhi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RichD978 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:16 am

works the same. only thing is im not sure if the radios have the same mounting points. The Scions use different mounting brackets

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ryhi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 am

anyone know if a 07 camry headunit has the same shape as the solaras? im not too worried if the mounting points are different since that can easily be fixed with custom brackets. i just want to know if they are identical in terms of how it looks cosmetically.
ryhi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby YESCA » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 am

The Scion unit WILL hook up in the Solara, has the same mounting points, BUT will not fit in the bezel opening. The face of the Scion unit is bigger than the factory Solara unit. You will have to make a custom center piece to make it work. But I have the Scion unit in my Gen 3 Camry and I loved it. GL :)
YESCA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 am

ryhi wrote:anyone know if a 07 camry headunit has the same shape as the solaras? im not too worried if the mounting points are different since that can easily be fixed with custom brackets. i just want to know if they are identical in terms of how it looks cosmetically.

The camry unit is similar in shape, but not the same. It won't fit as people tried to get the radio trim to fit a while back when the soloara ones only came in black.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ryhi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:45 am

YESCA wrote:The Scion unit WILL hook up in the Solara, has the same mounting points, BUT will not fit in the bezel opening. The face of the Scion unit is bigger than the factory Solara unit. You will have to make a custom center piece to make it work. But I have the Scion unit in my Gen 3 Camry and I loved it. GL :)

are you referring to a gen2 solara? so it will not fit if i got the aftermarket double din trim piece with a scion head unit?
ryhi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5