[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - quick question on stock cd player
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

quick question on stock cd player

quick question on stock cd player

Postby solara girl's dad » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 am

My 19yo daughter purchased a new 08 SE yesterday. Blue Streak Metallic, pretty much stock or perhaps even all stock. Basic, stereo/cd player. I have searched through the postings and never really saw either of my questions answered. (although i did see postings on similar after market things she could do) She is broke now, and so am I, so here are my first 3 questions. (btw, I own an 06 tundra dc with the xsp package, and i don't have the same audio set up she has) Anyways, does her stock cd player(single cd player) play cd's recorded in mp3 format? my tundra does not, and i haven't seen her since she got her car so i could check it out! also i know she has a aux input under the flip up door on the center console. can she plug her ipod into that aux input? i see bb sells a cable that you plug into the headphone jack of the ipod and then into another plug. what size is the aux input? i feel sure that if it does allow her ipod to play through her hu, it will not allow her to use her steering wheels controls. that much i learned from my searches. tia
solara girl's dad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fzzyrn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 am

it is true you can not control the ipod using the steering wheel controls.

the cable you will need is a patch cable with 3.5mm male plugs on either side. One end goes in the headphone socket of the ipod, the other end goes into the aux input.

I'm also pretty sure it can play mp3 cds, but you can check for yourself for practically free, no?
fzzyrn
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Taido » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 am

I don't know if it's different from the Gen 2 but mine doesn't play mp3 cds. Just regular 20 or so track cds.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby Mr. Slippery » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:34 am

I thought 07-08 could play mp3's discs.
-MATT-
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/MrSlippery/Copyof9-21154.jpg[/img]
Mr. Slippery
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 am

Mr. Slippery wrote:I thought 07-08 could play mp3's discs.

you are correct, they can.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby philosophicaljt » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:45 am

that aux. input jack, is a standard size stereo headphone jack.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Since 2007 all Solara headunits play mp3's AND have 6-CD changer. The Toyota website will tell you what comes standard on her particular model.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5