[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Scosche bluefusion ( Bluetooth solution )
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Scosche bluefusion ( Bluetooth solution )

Scosche bluefusion ( Bluetooth solution )

Postby jaipurking » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 am

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/2 ... uctID/1680

Just got this installed .
Great for bluetooth audio streaming , poor handsfree.
I have a 2006 sle convt with nav.
anybody has suggestions where to place the microphone as I have a lot of interference when driving. Currently behind the rear view mirror on the front wind shield.
jaipurking
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 am

I went to the website link you have posted, and there is not a lot of information about this product there. Just what does it do? The button on steering wheel comment? Number display, where? No wire splice, does it have cables? Do you have factory XM? The product sounds interesting. Can you give us more information on how it works and how well? Many factory Bluetooth mics are mounted near the "A" pillar on the windshield. It needs to be as close to the voice source as possible. I installed the voice activation module for the Nav system a few years ago. I placed it's mic on the steering column. It seems to work fine there.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jaipurking » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 am

linmk2 wrote:I went to the website link you have posted, and there is not a lot of information about this product there. Just what does it do? The button on steering wheel comment? Number display, where? No wire splice, does it have cables? Do you have factory XM? The product sounds interesting. Can you give us more information on how it works and how well? Many factory Bluetooth mics are mounted near the "A" pillar on the windshield. It needs to be as close to the voice source as possible. I installed the voice activation module for the Nav system a few years ago. I placed it's mic on the steering column. It seems to work fine there.

It is a handsfree, but the audio quality is poor. there is no spicing of wires involved its plug and play. it acts as the sat on the navigation menu. Option of reviewing last ten dialed and recieved calls . no phone book option. will try to post some pics next week. I dont have sat but when i was getting it installed the person asked me if i needed anything else such as a aux installed, i think u can retain ur sat.
U can use the track up/down steering wheel button to accept and disconnect a phone call.

the A2DP (bluetooth steaming) is excellent quality. no controls from the navigation for the bluetooth device
jaipurking
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jaipurking » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:32 am

linmk2 wrote:I went to the website link you have posted, and there is not a lot of information about this product there. Just what does it do? The button on steering wheel comment? Number display, where? No wire splice, does it have cables? Do you have factory XM? The product sounds interesting. Can you give us more information on how it works and how well? Many factory Bluetooth mics are mounted near the "A" pillar on the windshield. It needs to be as close to the voice source as possible. I installed the voice activation module for the Nav system a few years ago. I placed it's mic on the steering column. It seems to work fine there.

Check out some of the youtube videos for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGllBod ... re=related
jaipurking
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Too bad the audio quality is poor. I'm assume you mean it's poor to the person you are calling (outgoing). How is the incoming call quality? When a call comes in, does the Nav screen go off, or does it show up at the top of the screen as it does when you change stations? The whole set-up sounds pretty good, too bad there seems to be bugs. Perhaps moving the mic closer to you, might help. Thanks for all the info so far.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jaipurking » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:24 pm

linmk2 wrote:Too bad the audio quality is poor. I'm assume you mean it's poor to the person you are calling (outgoing). How is the incoming call quality? When a call comes in, does the Nav screen go off, or does it show up at the top of the screen as it does when you change stations? The whole set-up sounds pretty good, too bad there seems to be bugs. Perhaps moving the mic closer to you, might help. Thanks for all the info so far.

Yes the person I am calling always complains esp if I am on the freeway. Incoming call quality is marginal and I have to put the volume to near max to hear adequatly. When incoming call comes it shows the number on the nav screen and automatically changes to tel mode. Will try to get the mic closer and somhowe decrease the road noise, if u have any other suggestions it would be appreciated.
jaipurking
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I looked at my convertible today and noticed that the "A" pillar trim does not go completely to the top header. I don't know how big your mic is, but it would seem that you could run the wire behind the trim, and have the mic come out where the "A" pillar trim and the header trim meet. This would put the mic very near your head. However, I would think this position might be an issue when the top is down due to wind buffeting. You might try to play around the the placement somewhere in the "A" pillar area. Have you talked to the company's tech support? Perhaps you have a bad mic. As to the road noise issue, I'm not sure how to address that. Convertibles by their very nature are not as quiet as a hardtop or sedan. Having owed other convertibles in the past, I think the Toyota is very quiet by comparison. At least with the top up.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5