[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Adding factory nav
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Adding factory nav

Adding factory nav

Postby gfryhtsn » Mon May 25, 2009 12:42 pm

I found a factory toyota nav unit for a 2005 solara. My Solara doesnt have NAV, but it does have the upgraded JBL sound and from what I can read its a lot easier to install a factory NAV if you have JBL already. What would I need to install the factory nav besides of course the nav unit, and the GPS antenna? should most of the install be plug and play since it is toyota equipment? Thanks
gfryhtsn
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraMan2003 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Hello.

I have a similar question.

I have a 2008 SLEv6 coupe that already has the JBL sound system.

IF I were to somehow be lucky enough to find an original Nav unit for 2008, could I install it myself?

What other model cars (i.e. Camry?) would be compatible with mine?

Any idea where I could find such a thing and what it might cost?

Thank you.
Dedicated 2008 SLEv6 Owner
Previously: 2000 and 2003
I LOVE MY SOLARA !
SolaraMan2003
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5