[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ipod connection
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

ipod connection

ipod connection

Postby BesI » Sat May 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Guys i just need little bit help ipod connections. Is there any other way to connect the radio and ipod with out a cassette adapter. Maybe soneone has connected their JBL with the ipod different way.
I want to know if is there any aux input in the back when you pull the radio out ??
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sat May 30, 2009 8:31 pm

There is no dedicated "AUX" input at the back of the stock radio, but from what I know, there are adapters that you can buy that will give you an ipod hookup if your stock system has cd changer/aux/sat radio button.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-200 ... 0388339149
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BesI » Sat May 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I do have stock radio.
I don't use the satellite no more i guess i can connected through that button.
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 pm

moved!
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby NightRider » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 am

Yeah you have to buy the adapter. I have mine im not using anymore because i bought a aftermarket deck. When you hook up this adapter you have to press the disc button twice until it reads for the ipod connection. I forgot what it says.

It's easy to install and you can actually install this adapter w/o removing your stock head unit. Hope you have skinny and long fingers.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mazen222 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 am

i use a radio fm transmitter... work alright, plus it has a mount and charger

25$ ebay
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm

If you on a budget and only have a few bucks to spend then go with the radio fm transmitter. Its poor sound quality and personally it sucked when I used it for like a day.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BesI » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm

NightRider wrote:Yeah you have to buy the adapter. I have mine im not using anymore because i bought a aftermarket deck. When you hook up this adapter you have to press the disc button twice until it reads for the ipod connection. I forgot what it says.

It's easy to install and you can actually install this adapter w/o removing your stock head unit. Hope you have skinny and long fingers.

yeah .. appreciate your help man but im going to try to do it this week .. i just had to do lilttle bit research about tutoring how to remove the plastics ..
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm

BesI wrote:
NightRider wrote:Yeah you have to buy the adapter. I have mine im not using anymore because i bought a aftermarket deck. When you hook up this adapter you have to press the disc button twice until it reads for the ipod connection. I forgot what it says.

yeah .. appreciate your help man but im going to try to do it this week .. i just had to do lilttle bit research about tutoring how to remove the plastics ..

actually
theres a CD changer connector in the back which many of the ipod connectors use
so u just press the CD button to change between CDs and an external CD changer which can be a CD changer or an ipod connector

and its veyr simple to do without removing the headunit....unless u have big hands
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5