[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Odd Radio Behavior
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Odd Radio Behavior

Odd Radio Behavior

Postby linmk2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Recently my radio has been displaying odd behavior. The volume will quickly fade off and then come back on. The volume does not turn completely off then back on, its more of a very quick fade. My car is equipped with the factory nav system radio. The unit does this in all modes, AM, FM, CD, XM. However, days will go by and everything works fine. Have any of you guys have anything like this happen? My basic warranty has expired and am not looking forward to how much I think this is going to cost to fix.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 pm

if it has an actual volume knob then it is probably dirty and needs replacement. do you drive on dirt roads alot? you could try shooting air around the knob to try and get behind it. i see this alot with aftermarket headuntis. not so much with newer factory units though.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby linmk2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 pm

No, the car is driven to and from work, about 20 miles per day, on normal roadways. The volume knob does come off without a problem, but it is sealed behind the knob. There is no way to shoot air into the unit. Thanks for your thoughts.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby D-money » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:23 pm

one of the settings on that hu has an option that turns the volume up the faster you go to cover up road noise and when you decelerate it turns back down there is an option to turn that setting off look in your owners manual that is my best guess hope it helps
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby corlon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 pm

you could take the front plate off the radio and then shoot some air behind it. otherwise if you radio does have the speed sensitive volume you could try turning that off, or perhaps there is something wrong with the speed sensing portion of the radio.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby System_Crash » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Well if it's not the volume speed setting, it sounds like the radio's internal amp is about to die on you, that usually happens when the radio is good and hot from playing. and usually wont do that if the radio is cold. try using the a/c more?
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Odd Radio Behavior

Postby WXman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 pm

linmk2 wrote:Recently my radio has been displaying odd behavior. The volume will quickly fade off and then come back on. The volume does not turn completely off then back on, its more of a very quick fade. My car is equipped with the factory nav system radio. The unit does this in all modes, AM, FM, CD, XM. However, days will go by and everything works fine. Have any of you guys have anything like this happen? My basic warranty has expired and am not looking forward to how much I think this is going to cost to fix.

Read this thread: http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=39916
2005 SLE Convertible Nav/TRAC/VSC/Chrome Wheels. Absolutely Red
WXman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby linmk2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks WXman. Perhaps my problem is not as bad as I was guessing.
Howard
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5